Recommendation on where to order a Yamaha Cross Core online?

floyd67

Hello

In the midwest, Yamaha appears to only have a very few authorized ebike dealers. None are within driving distance for me.

Can owners of the Cross Core, Connect, or Urban, etc please indicate where they were able to order online with timely delivery and potentially good service? (So far struggling to work with my choice for a week now.)

Thanks!

Might be worth reaching out to Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles, you're in Kentucky and one dealer in Asheville, NC Liberty Bicycles says they ship to the lower 48 but "Some items can not be shipped, some simply because it's against our dealers agreement with product manufacturers and/or distributors" so it's worth checking with the manufacturer if they have something in place with dealers to prevent online sales.

Thanks. The Yamaha bikes page lists a few online retailers, so unlikely there is any prohibition on e-sales and shipping within the US.

I was looking for reports of good (or bad) long distance experiences with any of the many authorized dealers with repair shops I can find on the web. So far I paid in full for a bike from a major dealer out West, and poor communications after a week of waiting bode poorly for future interactions as the buyer. (Will follow up if it resolves quickly or does not, as I may cancel and re-order elsewhere.)

How far are you from Michigan? I think Human Electric Hybrids outside of Ann Arbor is a Yamaha dealer. I haven't done business with them though so can't offer any personal experience ...

Update of potential interest to others considering a Yamaha eBike?

I canceled my order today after being unable to get a direct answer on status or delivery date for my Yamaha Cross Core paid for Oct. 2 (two weeks ago).

Apparently the bike shop placed an order through the regional/state 'Yamaha Sales Rep", and got a 'out of office' message for the first week, then on return was told the bike was sent to the prior shop address. For the next week a daily interaction failed to produce any tracking or reshipment information, and eventually crumbled into confusion on if there had ever been an order made by the Yamaha regional sales contact in the first place, or if it had really been sent at all.

Two weeks on, no one at Yamaha was apparently willing to resolve the issue directly (today), leaving no choice but to cancel the order through the bike shop.

Any others experience stuff like this with the limited Yamaha dealer model? It was the last thing I expected in going with the most established brand I could across the entire eBike market.

F67

I highly recommend Crazy Lenny's in Madison, WI for the Yamaha line of E-bikes. He will give you the best price and services available. Happy shopping!

Hey Floyd,

I can speak from personal experience regarding Yamaha and being a dealer. The west coast rep left the company and the overall sales manager was left picking up the pieces around July, smack dab in the middle of the season. They worked as hard as possible but we were also one of those dealers that had orders take 3-4 weeks to be fufilled. That said, once we got things back up to speed we were getting our units in the typical 3 days or so.

Shoot me a message if you still haven't gotten a Yamaha, be happy to discuss some bikes with you.

Mike's Ebikes in Plainfield near Naperville, IL 👍👍

Fantastic support, extensive information, speedy delivery in great re-packaging. (Bikes have to go to dealer for adjustment check on way to customer.)

F67

Don’t know how you are doing on your Cross Core search, but be aware beyond just getting the bike there are some other issues...bad forks, I’m on my fifth! I would contact Pete’s in Akron Ohio. He had a buyer who basically needed a whole bike replaced due to issues. My dealer in the Pacific Northwest is giving me a total refund to trade up. The concept seems great...but I believe there are some design flaws.

Hi John K,

I found the relevant info on that from the other threads, so far it seems to be possible that some frame head tubes were "machined" poorly? That it is potentially seen only or more often on the Large frame size?

If so, of course no number of fork replacements will likely solve it- which your dealer repair department appears to have demonstrated by trial and error? Would it be worth finding a different authorized dealer and taking it to them for warantee repair? Can you ship it to the shop that was reported to have provided a Yamaha warantee frame replacement? (Maybe go in and talk directly with the owner at your dealer about it, rather than going back to the same repair department and effort?)

I have the Medium frames size, and have not put any miles on it to find out if I have any creaking noises from the front. If this was an issue from computer machining run(s), and that's how the head tube is actually made- given the engineering and materials experience at Yamaha, a software fix would have been expected by now iand was descrbied as a 'known issue' by one shop in the other thread.

Thanks for the info,

F67

What other thread are you referring to? I have been told by my dealer that the large frames seem to be more problematic. So, as you say it is a known problem.

As I said, the owner is willing to give me a total refund for a trade in on something else. So, not so satisfied with Yamaha...but feel like the bike shop is doing me right.

Back