Recommendation on tires for Stromer ST 1

I have 8000 miles on my ST 1 and my original tires are starting to show wear. I am amazed and confused with all the different Schwalbe tires available for ebikes. Race Guard, Green Guard, Performance Guard, Marathon, Marathon Plus. I ride hard surface only and in the mountains the descents can approach 45 mph so I'm looking for a tire safe for ultra high speeds. I'm not overly concerned with puncture resistance, have used "slime" when I have flatted and it so far has got me back home. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

The 2016 Stromers are coming out with Continental Top Contact II. I purchased a set for my ST1 and I have been really happy with them so far.

The 2016 Stromers are coming out with Continental Top Contact II. I purchased a set for my ST1 and I have been really happy with them so far.
I have been more than pleased with the ST2 Schwalbe tires. However, the conti contact tires are an excellent choice as well.

If you have 8K miles on your original set, if it were me, I would get the same tire. That is amazing mileage from a set of tires.

I have Maxxis Excel on my Stromer and they are showing little sign of wear after 3000 miles and zero flats.

OTOH if OE tires are 8000 miles, why not just buy the same exact model? They ride well and last long..

Back