Recharge during lunch?

Taiwwa

Region
USA
Ebike touring looks interesting because the weight of gear would be greatly helped by ebike tech. Until you run out of power. Anyone done a midday recharge at a restaurant during lunch? Or do you only charge at the lodging at night? How about campsites?

I carry enough battery power to give me a 100 mile range, using a moderate amount of pedal pressure. That is about all I'm capable of doing in a day. I recharge overnight at a hotel or campsite.

I have read in several places that a battery should take a couple of hours to cool off before charging. So if you plan on charging midday I would consider that and add it to your timetable

Ebike touring looks interesting because the weight of gear would be greatly helped by ebike tech. Until you run out of power. Anyone done a midday recharge at a restaurant during lunch? Or do you only charge at the lodging at night? How about campsites?
I carry two batteries when touring. The 'spare' battery w/ charger are kept in an easily carry bag that, that can be taken into place for charging for 'topping' off during lunch or taking breaks.
I do the topping off often, and never had an issue with it. I have left a battery/charger at a bicycle shop charging for a couple hours while I looked around a town.
Having multiple smaller batteries is great for touring.

It also works well for those daily errands where just one battery is enough (under 25-30 miles). No need to haul around a lot of unneeded battery weight.

Back