Rear rack for fat tire full suspension bike

Update:

Wallke Production Department told me that they are designing the new rear rack for Wallke Ebike. If you are interested in it, you can kindly check the attachment. I will update you once I receive more information.
@Max Black any idea when Wallke will have this rack available?

Someone might chime in and say Old Man Mountain, but that won't work on your bike. Get a Topeak Uni Super Tourist Fat. The lower struts will bolt to the eyelets on the rear dropouts. With the provided steel adjustable upper struts, they will have to be bent down from the rack to meet with the upper tubes of the frame (the so-called seat stays). There are no eyelets there, so you would have to use a clamp like these made by Jandd.
I really like the Topeak because it slides on a track, clicks-in and would be the most secure for off road/trails since the whole bottom of the bag is on the track - seems best to have the bag weight on the back wheel and not the suspended portion of the frame - your stuff gets more abuse but I'm not carrying champagne glasses maybe a sandwich. I read reviews on the Topeak some complaints about rattling.

I looked Ibera - saw no complaints about rattling with Ibera's click in system (even though the bag only has to points of connection it appears).

Last edited:
Ok, I know I struggled to find things to fit my wallke x3 pro. So here's some info that i hope helps someone. I got my fenders from Rad Power bikes, they're actually for the rad runner 5,I think. The rack is an axiom fatliner. After a couple trips to home depot and a handful of zip ties (I actually used a bracket that came with the fenders to attach the upper support arms of the rack), everything is riding great!

In case you're wondering the other mods are an adjustable stem to raise the bars a bit and swapped out the factory seat for my old comfort bike seat. Probably going to add new handlebars with a higher rise soon, my back is not very strong. View attachment 60632
I really like this setup = since its on the wheel and not on the suspended part of the frame adding weight. so that black bracket came from the Radrunner 5 fender kit - looks perfect. wow. https://www.radpowerbikes.com/products/radrover-full-fenders?variant=18718671306848

Attachments

• axiom.jpg
    axiom.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 391
@Max Black any idea when Wallke will have this rack available?

Sorry about the slow reply.

Update:

Here's the picture of the sample rack, please kindly check the attachment.

Extra storage - great for packing in extra gear for a weekend camping trip.
Easy to install - bolts into the rear frame of the bike

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 511

Update:

Here's the picture of the sample rack, please kindly check the attachment.

Nice - Thank you. When will it be available. My X3 Pro doesn't have the holes drilled for the 4 mounting screws - does Wallke have a work around for that?
Also - looks like you have fender kit there - when will that be available?

We will launch a new rear rack and fender for the old batch of X3 Pro. The next shipment of X3 Pro will have the holes drilled for the 4 mounting screws. The new fender kit and rear rack will be available in the later October.

We will launch a new rear rack and fender for the old batch of X3 Pro. The next shipment of X3 Pro will have the holes drilled for the 4 mounting screws. The new fender kit and rear rack will be available in the later October.
Couldn’t wait for Wallke carrying tools and supplies for long ride. I liked Rizzos Ibera rack because of the easy detach but wanted the weight to be on the axle so Jerry-rigged this temporarily- Ibera has very short posts that don’t clear the tire let alone a fender - anyone have a solution for a longer support post?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 359

Update: Here's the picture of the sample rack, please kindly check the attachment.

Looks like a very nice design... can you tell us more about the price and availability? ;)

1603479738214.png

I got this carrier on Amazon. It works very well for my Juiced RCS and 20" folders. It was $179. Unfortunately, it is no longer available. I now this is not the kind of carrier most are talking about here... Sorry.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1304WW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

Thanks Camdon, thats exactly what I am looking for. A carrier like that that is strong enough to hold two 65 lb ebikes (1 normal 1 fat tire) I would also like to stay under 300

Thanks Camdon, thats exactly what I am looking for. A carrier like that that is strong enough to hold two 65 lb ebikes (1 normal 1 fat tire) I would also like to stay under 300
Yes, it is an awesome rack for the money, but I'm not sure where you can buy one right now...

Update:

Wallke Production Department told me that they are designing the new rear rack for Wallke Ebike. If you are interested in it, you can kindly check the attachment. I will update you once I receive more information.
Any updates for Wallke X3 Pro 2020 bike rack? I see the 2021 has a rack and fenders. No rack nor fenders listed on wallkeebike.com website. Also Yamee bike has rack/fender.

I use the Ibera myself that attaches to the seat post. It works great. I take it out when riding the trails. I found a battery bag made for scooters and it fits the rack real well to carry an extra battery for the X3

Attachments

• 69C88C58-0A3D-435C-97F8-14C6763F2CC7.jpeg
    69C88C58-0A3D-435C-97F8-14C6763F2CC7.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 328
Back