Rear Bike Trunk Bag

Lynne5

Is anyone aware of a Trunk Bag that is a quick release and locks onto the particular rear bike rack frame that comes with the Gazelle Medeo T9 2019?
Thanks.

No I think that bike has a battery in the rack ? I do not think it is compatible with those systems such as Snap it or Uniklip. Can you make velcro straps and bungee cords work? There are many bags that use velcro straps. Also you could use a pair of connecting twin saddle bags such as these ;
1589679987017.png

Last edited:
You are correct- battery in rack. Yes, I was curious about the quick release option (easy to remove if needed, etc.) but I did indeed add some velcro to my generic trunk bag to that it would reach around the rear rack w/o touching the battery. It is actually working well. Thanks!

I like my Arkel Tailrider trunk bag that attaches to my rack with Velcro straps

I like my Arkel Tailrider trunk bag that attaches to my rack with Velcro straps
I do like the fact that the Ariel bag attaches with Velcro on each side, rather than fussing with wrapping the Velcro all around. In case you want to take it along after you lock up your bike.

In case you want to take it along after you lock up your bike.
Yes, I use a camera bag strap to attach to the two D rings on one end of the bag to carry it. I think Arkel sell a strap but I find the padding more comfortable on the camera bag strap.

This is a very late response to your question, but perhaps it will help others.

I bought the Topeak Omni Quicktrack adaptor, which allows me to use the Topeak quick-release trunk bags. It works very well. I've seen some posts saying that it has spontaneously released the bag on some folks, but I have not experienced that myself, and I ride over some bumpy surfaces. However, note that I haven't used the elephant-ear paniers with any significant weight yet. I will say that the location of the water-bottle holder on the rear of the trunk bag is not ideal -- I've had water bottles pop out twice so far. One was spectacularly exploded by a following Prius.

This adapter was (in early 2021) very hard to find. Finally got one in May from blueskycycling.com.

HOWEVER, mine is mounted on my Medeo T10+ (photo below) -- not a T9. And it was a bit hard to get the underside brackets to clear the stock fenders on the bike. I wanted to mount the adaptor farther forward on my rack, but clearances would not allow it. As it was, I was worried that I was distorting this (plastic) plate in a way that would make it hard to slide the trunk bag on/off. That turned out to not be a problem. The bag slides on and off very easily.
Topeak Adaptor on Medeo T10+ 20210820_154806 (Small).jpg

Brackets under the rack rails. The diameter of these Gazelle rack rails is near the outer limit of what this adaptor can handle.
Topeak Adaptor on Medeo T10+ UNDERSIDE VIEW  20210820_154845 (Small).jpg

I have NOT attempted to mount this adaptor on my wife's Medeo T9 (photo below). Just from looking closely at it, it does appear that the brackets MIGHT clear the battery -- but it will be VERY TIGHT, at best. If you are still interested, I will do a fit test. ( I would just go ahead and do it, but it was difficult to get the rack on my T10, so I'm not looking forward to having to redo that. :) )

Medeo T9 Rack 20210820_155007 (Small).jpg

+1 on Topeak. I just have the regular rear rack cause my battery is on the frame but the quick release system is way cool. I keep my phone, wallet, raincoat and bike tools in there. I pop it off take it inside when I'm out and about. It has a handle and/or a shoulder strap. I got the one with the pannier bags that fold out from the side pouches. Ebay had the best price when I bought mine which was around $80 (I think) 2 years ago.

I mounted the Topeak Quicktrack adapter on my Medeo T10+ slightly further back on the existing rear rack by purchasing longer screws for the adapter from a local hardware store. With longer screws there is no distortion of the plastic rack. For a water bottle holder I purchased from Amazon a (VLTAWA Bike Water Bottle Holder No Screws, Bicycle Cup Holder Handlebar, Drink Holder Cages for Adult and Kids Bike (32oz, Insulated, Velcro Straps Mount, Sturdy, Universal) which I mounted on the adjustable stem with velcro straps.

On the Topeak "MTX Trunkbag EXP", I found that the REI price (considering the member dividend) matched the best I could find (as of this May), and I like spending time wandering through their brick-and-mortar store, so I always go with them when their price is competitive. However, they don't carry the adaptor. I've tried to encourage it, but ... no traction. :) The adaptor was back-ordered everywhere until May. I don't know about the situation now.

I mounted the Topeak Quicktrack adapter on my Medeo T10+ slightly further back on the existing rear rack by purchasing longer screws for the adapter from a local hardware store. With longer screws there is no distortion of the plastic rack. For a water bottle holder I purchased from Amazon a (VLTAWA Bike Water Bottle Holder No Screws, Bicycle Cup Holder Handlebar, Drink Holder Cages for Adult and Kids Bike (32oz, Insulated, Velcro Straps Mount, Sturdy, Universal) which I mounted on the adjustable stem with velcro straps.
Thanks for the recommendation on the bottle holder. My handlebars are already cluttered to a crazy degree, but with the three separate velcro straps, I should be able to find a way to make this work. I ordered a pair (cheap!) and will definitely use one on my wife's bike.

I went to that site and added one to my cart. Then went to check out and it says they are out of stock. That's the kind of crap that was happening back in the Spring. todson.com does appear to have them. Where I got them in May (blueskycycling.com), they seem to have them, but they are charging $40+shipping!!! Back in May, they were charging $17+shipping. Buyer beware ...

Attached to adjustable stem. Very convenient, keeps water cold, with side pocket.

Attachments

• water bottle holder.jpg
    water bottle holder.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 288
I went to that site and added one to my cart. Then went to check out and it says they are out of stock. That's the kind of crap that was happening back in the Spring. todson.com does appear to have them. Where I got them in May (blueskycycling.com), they seem to have them, but they are charging $40+shipping!!! Back in May, they were charging $17+shipping. Buyer beware ...
A few months earlier this year I was actively riding when the weather was cooler and was putting in many miles so I needed a trunk to put extra water, camera etc., so I got a Topek MTX trunk. I looked what seemed like everywhere for the Omni Quick-Track adapter and couldn’t find any. Yea there were a couple of people selling them for 3 - 4 X more than retail; so, on E-Bay I found an old Omni Quick Track Rack for less than the adaptor. It was old and cheap so I got it and cut the legs off drilled counter sink holes into the base and attached it to the Gazelle rear rack using counter sunk hex bolts to bar stock, bent to interface with the Gazelle rack, tapped out and used Nylock nuts to keep it in place – unless looking closely it is not visible as a kluge. On shorter rides I just use a saddle pouch and unless knowing, the original rack does not look modified.

51136199596_80055c5e86_b.jpg

Trunk on

51396219453_9e2a489086_b.jpg

Trunk off, rack

I was able to purchase the adapter at the end of 2019 from Amazon at a reasonable price. Attached is what it looks like installed. I think your's looks great and its metal which should be more durable than the plastic one that Topeak builds. It is installed on a Medeo T10+.

Attachments

• topeak omni adapter.jpg
    topeak omni adapter.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 331
  • trunk bag.jpg
    trunk bag.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 364
Back