READ BEFORE YOU BUY: No replacements parts

yankee270

I posted on here a couple weeks ago that my fork seals were blown. Well I contacted "customer service" and they were absolutely no help. They put me off for over a week, then came back with "we don't have fork seals available" Every compression fork you will have will blow seals. I've done it on MTB's and my dirt bikes all the time. Also the local bike shops here in Las Vegas said there are no seal kits to fit those forks. Now I'm worrying about what other parts on the bike can't be fixed.

I didn't take this issue into account when purcchasing a Juiced Bike but you have to take this issue into consideration. Thanks for listening

Well the forks they use are low end so I wouldn't expect much in term serviceability and that would mean any other brand using the same model would have the same trouble. If it's in warranty I would expect them to replace the whole thing.

I bought a $260 Rock Shox air fork to replace the stock Suntour on my CC which was then moved to the CCX, but had to retire that after a year because Rock Shox didn't have replacement lowers (I lost confidence in the fork after corrosion got to the dropouts from Winter riding).

I use the protective covers for the fork shocks. Is like velcro that wraps around those areas and doesnt let dust/water/debris accumulate. It doesn’t get in the way of the functionality of the shocks. It goes around and fully covers those seals.
10$ on amazon i think

After rainy ride or nasty roads , i blow the whole ebike with air blower in the sensitive spots. And lighty with some water/cloth also.

While I did get corrosion un
I use the protective covers for the fork shocks. Is like velcro that wraps around those areas and doesnt let dust/water/debris accumulate. It doesn’t get in the way of the functionality of the shocks. It goes around and fully covers those seals.
10$ on amazon i think

After rainy ride or nasty roads , i blow the whole ebike with air blower in the sensitive spots. And lighty with some water/cloth also.

Yea I might go with booties when I decide to buy the fork again. I did get some corrosion in the legs near the seals, but the main concern was at the dropouts where they wheel nuts grip the fork leg. I think the axle nuts cut through the paint & then road salt/slush would build up there eating away some of the exposed magnesium. Next time I think I'll smother the area in grease.

I’m on the stock Suntour fork on my 3-year old CC. It still works fine. I’d rather have suspension than not when cruising at 28mph.

Back