RCS motor does not come on after front brake is applied

EdS59

When I ride my RCS and apply the brakes the motor cuts off. That's a good thing. When I put pressure on the pedals again, neither the cadence or the torque sensor starts the motor again. I have to use the throttle to engage the motor and then the sensors will work again. As soon as I apply the brakes again, the sensor no longer work. I have narrowed it down to the front brake that is causing the problem. Would this be a loose connection or faulty brake lever assembly?

Adam: Is the cutoff switch in the brake lever assembly?
There's an extra cable attached to each brake lever and I think that those cables attach to the motor controller. I have a CrossCurrent so I'm not sure where that would be on your bike. On the CCX it's in the frame above the battery.

Very similar thing happened to me on CrossCurrent.
Basically, my motor inhibitor sensor needed an adjustment.

If I install it too deep, it won't work properly, but if I install it too shallow, it won't work either.
Just see if there's a "sweet spot" for your motor inhibitor sensor.

When you do this, make sure to unscrew the small screw first (I believe it's hiding under the brake lever, very hard to notice at first), then unscrew the inhibitor sensor.

If it doesn't work.. yeah I guess your sensor has a problem?
This is great information that is really appreciated. As a new ebiker, I am unfamiliar with most repairs. Do I need to remove the rubber cover that runs along the frame to access the sensor? How do I identify it?

It's typically attached to brake like this.
Make sure to unscrew the very small screw UNDER the lever first, before unscrewing the sensor itself.
Juiced U500 Rear (Right-Hand) Hydraulic Brake System - Tektro Dorado -  Hilleater.ca
Great information! Thank you! I will try that tomorrow and let you know the results.

Problem solved and solved quite easily. I was doing some searches last night and found this:

I had changed my stem and handlebar angle so I had to adjust my brake levers and throttle. Apparently, in order for the sensor to work correctly, they have to be a certain distance (1/8" or so) away from the throttle. They both have a magnetic mechanism that will interfere with one another if they are too close. I separated them by a very small amount and everything works like new. I have seen that this type of problem discussed in other postings and it is always with the front brake lever. Since most bikes have the front brake lever and the throttle on the left side I bet this will solve the problem for other people as well. Thank you to the people who offered their input and I hope this helps them as well.

Back