Range Anxiety!

J.R.

Region
USA
City
Piedmont Highlands
Don't you just hate it when you don't have a big enough battery for the task at hand?

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

:p

Don't you just hate it when you don't have a big enough battery for the task at hand?

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

:p

"According to Bosques, the Tesla was not fully charged at the beginning of the officer’s 2 p.m. Friday shift, noting that when the patrol car is fully charged, the battery life can last well over the typical 11-hour shift with life to spare. "

I dont get the range anxiety thing. if the battery dies, I'll pedal. Admittedly my e-commuter is a pig to pedal, but I would eventually get there.

I dont get the range anxiety thing. if the battery dies, I'll pedal. Admittedly my e-commuter is a pig to pedal, but I would eventually get there.
The story was a humorous one about an electric police car where the battery went dead in the middle of chasing a desperate criminal. Just a bit of fun. Looks like the article was taken down.

The story was a humorous one about an electric police car where the battery went dead in the middle of chasing a desperate criminal. Just a bit of fun. Looks like the article was taken down.
I completely understand it for a car or something else that cant be pushed at the least. A flat bike however never worried me, at worst it means im late for work. "Flat tire anxiety" is what I get!

I stress over this too because I don't use a car, just a regular bike and my eBike, along w/ a bus if necessary. It's an issue because unlike a petrol engine that you can just top off at a moment's notice, you are going to have to wait and wait to charge your bike. How many of us carry a charger w/ us anyway? Hopefully my new scheme to mount a relatively small and light 6AH battery and wire it in parallel to my existing one will mitigate the range blues.

People say that if the juice runs out you can always pedal it, but maybe not. Pedaling a very heavy eBike up a grade w/ a big head wind? That was bad enough when I had to do that on a light pedal bike. I'd probably call an Uber and hope the eBike fit in it in conditions like that.

Seriously, I never worried about this on my old Currie bike w/ two batteries. When one ran out, who cared?, the other one would get you back, which tells me what the real fix for this is. Everything else (including my aux battery idea) is just a work around.

I completely understand it for a car or something else that cant be pushed at the least. A flat bike however never worried me, at worst it means im late for work. "Flat tire anxiety" is what I get!
I went to slime in the tires and carrying a small hand pump, and that ended the worrying.

Back