Raising handlebars on the Ecotric 26" fat tire bike.

JPG

The handlebars on the Ecortic 26" fat tire bike look like they are not adjustable out of the box. I'm interested in buying one of these, but I'm 6'5" tall. I guess there are a number of options for raising the bars:

- New handlebars with more rise.
- Stem extender.
- Stem with adjustable angle.

Has anybody successfully raised the bars on this bike? If so what hardware did you use?

Thanks!

What you are speaking about is Straight Forward. Just get the Right Diameter : The Stem Extender raised the Steering Tube and usually comes with Spacers : The Riser You could go with an Adjustable like the Ritchey : Which does raise the handlebars : But It's real Purpose is to raise while bringing them closer to you : I wouldn't Buy them all at once : Buy the Stem Extender or Steering Tube Riser First : If that doesn't do it Buy the Stem Riser and last the handle bars :

I've seen Factory Bikes that use these Parts : I'm 6'0 tall : I know nothing about the Bike you mentioned : I can tell you if it is a One size fits all : It will never work : You're to tall > Bikes that are made to fit one size are meant for the Average Size person : Of those I have tried I'm to Tall. You are 5 Inches Taller then Me. You're probably going to have to find a Better quality option that You can purchase X-Large Frame : Otherwise You might as well buy a Kids Bike :

Sorry Just being Upfront

I did all that on my 1000w Ecotric Seagull. I actually had the local shop do the work to get it right. I bought the riser and a great set of double bar handlebars to hold more hardware, like lights and travel bag. The center bag is also made by Jones Bikes. The bars are lightweight, strong alluminum and curve up and back for comfort. Then I added a good suspension seat post as my bike has front suspension only. I turned this mountain bike into a cruiser! Rides great now. I am 6ft. The handlebars can be found at https://jonesbikes.com/

Attachments

• MY BIKE 2.jpg
    MY BIKE 2.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 375
Back