Radrover fenders

I also have the newer Rad fenders. As evan002 said the rear fender mounts to the seat posts and does tend to bounce enough to rattle off my rear rack. also mine doesnt seem to clamp the post tight enough. Size wize I find them fine though I don't ride in the rain by choice. The front connects where the headlight is and mi e is very tight and doesn't move at all. I did have to bend the metal angle that is rivited to the fender a little to get the fender to fit equal spaced from the tire.

Hi Hfk2,

Take a look at the installation video specifically step 6 for adjusting the clamp. Here is the link to the video: Standard Fender Installation.

Those have a nice look and seem like they'll keep bike and rider dry in downpours. I'd be interested to hear how well that head tube attachment works.
You can't use the head tube attachment to mount the Bug Buck front fender since the RadRover has a suspension fork. Instead you use the hole that's drilled in the metal just behind the plastic front part of the fender to mount it where the RadRover light goes. Actually, you have to drill a similar hole lower down on the metal than where you can see the original hole in the picture.... because using the hole that's there lowers the fender too much to where it contacts the tire. But it's an easy fix, and the fenders are great... And I think good looking too.

I have see pics of the early Rovers with full wrap around fenders which looks great and would work much better then the current ones. What ever happened to the original fenders?

Also when Court did his video review of the Rover, the white RR had full size fenders on it!?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 2,574
I have see pics of the early Rovers with full wrap around fenders which looks great and would work much better then the current ones. What ever happened to the original fenders?

Also when Court did his video review of the Rover, the white RR had full size fenders on it!?
Yes, those full fenders did look nice. I recall they were aftermarket, though I don't recall the brand. I'm using mucky nutz fat gut front fender to supplement the rad's shorter fender, to stay dry when the ground is wet.

Thanks for the super quick feedback fella's! This RR forum is great and has a good community to be sure. I see that Mike, owner and designer of Rad Power Bikes posts here often and seems to be really concerned with his customers! That's great to see and gives me even more confidence in making my RR purchase.

I have been reading through all the threads and have gotten tons of really useful to info on the Rover. I will be ordering my RR soon, then soon after be tearing up the streets of San Francisco on my steel horse! :)

A big thanks to Court for setting these super useful and informative forums for RR riders! As well as his many ebike video reviews and dedication to the ebike scene. They have really helped me get educated and make my decision to buy a Rad Rover.

Keep up the Great Work Court!

Mark

Just want to thank both Scottv and dm nelson for that video. my fenders did not come with any directions so I missed that item.

Here's a video I did on the RadRovers fenders I bought.

**Please note that I did apply some plasti-dip to my fenders to make them flat black & to avoid the horrible scratching with that glossy finish they have from the factory. I also had to cut/trim the front fender to make it compatible with my Kuat NV 2.0 hitch rack (I also have a video going over this as well)

Great video. The new full cover fenders for the Radrover are supposed to be out very soon. If you're on their email list you'll probably get a notice from them about it.

I heard about them!! And thanks for the compliment. I'm new to the youtube online review world but I try to post content that helps buyers make informed decisions.

I want to try them out however...not sure I want to drop that kind of coin on them. If I do get my hands on a set I'll be sure to do a review on them like the video above..but with better editing skills applied.

It has been a few months with my Planet Big Buck Fat Front Fender, $25, eBay. We don't get a lot of wet weather in the southwest. Mostly quick downpours and tons of water/mud puddles everywhere a few days afterwards.

Front Tire:
- Planet Bike Big Buck Fat Front Fender
- RRP Neoguard Bike MTB Mudguard

Rear Tire:
- standard Radrover seatpost mounted rear fender

Bike down tube:
- Zefal DT Armor MTB Frame Guard, $16, Amazon
- Lizard Skins Clear Adhesive, Local REI, $20 (I think)

Pros:
- Planet Big Buck is easy to mount or take off with supplied allen wrench. Very secure mounted between the underside between the suspension forks.
- doesn't get in the way of my Saris Superclamp 4 bike rack that secures the bike on the top of the tires
- The fender follows the tire, limited amount of water/mud hitting your lower limbs if the front wheel is turned

Cons:
- Radrover light mounts under the front fender. Added the RRP Neoguard to help keep the back of the light from getting wet/muddy.
- fender can rub the tire on hard braking or bump against down tube on big bumps in full suspension mode. No rubbing/bumping when suspension is locked out. Added the Clear Lizard skin to under side of front down tube above fender just to protect the frame against any future bumping scratching the paint.
- Only one mounting point and it can work itself loose after about a week or so of riding. Keep allen key that came with the fender in rack bag to tighten every once in awhile. I usually know when to tighten down with the fender starts to pivot out of alignment from the front tire a little bit.

Planet Big Buck+ RRP Neogurard:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Side View:

Boomerang GPS tracker with Zefal DT Armor Frame Guard:

Radrover rear seatpost mounted fender with Topeak fat tire rack+bag:

Side note: I also added the Lizard Skin to the top tube because my foot was hitting it too much and was worried about scratching the paint.

Clear Lizard skin on top/bottom tubes on White Radrover:

Carbon Fiber Lizard skin on same locations for Black Radrover:

Last edited:
Interesting fenders. I don't like how the front fender sits up over the front headlight tho..

and a bag for the battery! I may need to get one of these!

Back