Radmini vs mariner

I bought the Mariner after a long look at both. At the time, both had 500w motors. I liked the appearance, price and features of the Marinier more, and was able to test drive a friend’s. He was totally happy with his. I ordered mine and can say the same.

I probably would have also been happy with a Mini, who knows. But after a year with the Marinier and 800 miles —half or more on trails— I’m still thrilled with the bike and my choice.

There are very few hills I can’t get up, and the ones that have stopped me are easily negotiated with the walk-assist feature that allows you to walk alongside the bike. I’ve taken the bike in ridiculous places where no bike should be, and came out the other side. I bike on trails I used to hike up and the side trails I used to walk by. I’ve never been a mountain biker until this year, because this bike is so capable.

Agree with the thumb throttle kudos over twist grip. I use the thumb throttle mostly to start rolling from a stop, at a stop light with cars or when stopped on a hill, especially. Why would you want a movable grip where you need a stable handhold?

I think both bikes have many similarities and merit consideration. I’m pitching in to say if you choose the Marinier I doubt you’ll look back.

Back