Radmini pannier

Thom473

Well, the bikase pannier doesn't fit; hooks are too small to go over the rear rack tubes. SO, I'm looking for a grocery pannier. Anyone with a radmini want to share what works for them? I did get a nice grocery/backpack bag
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NZ0TZU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
for only $10 it is a steal. I'm afraid, though, that it won't hold enough and/or I don't really want to use a backpack if I can help it. I want something that will carry a 12 pack and a head of lettuce.

I got a black nylon saddlebag through eBay that is for a horse. There were a LOT of panniers for bicycles, but after I found out that the bikase pannier wouldn't fit, it became obvious that many universals won't fit our bike. I got the horse pannier knowing I'd have to shorten the top straps, but since I have a heavy duty sewing machine, I figured it would be easy...And It Was-just two lines of stitching--even left me with an additional pocket on top that holds a waterbottle just fine!! The one I got was under $20 including shipping and is insulated and leakproof in case I want to carry beers and ice! Brand name of Tough 1. I just went for a short ride and it sits just fine and doesn't interfere with pedals or wheels. Attaches and detaches with one velcro strap that I use to hold wires together so it is a piece of cake to put on and take off. There are other rings and grommets if I need to attach it more securely, but I'll keep it simple until I find I need something more complicated.

Well, the bikase pannier doesn't fit; hooks are too small to go over the rear rack tubes. SO, I'm looking for a grocery pannier. Anyone with a radmini want to share what works for them? I did get a nice grocery/backpack bag
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NZ0TZU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
for only $10 it is a steal. I'm afraid, though, that it won't hold enough and/or I don't really want to use a backpack if I can help it. I want something that will carry a 12 pack and a head of lettuce.

I replaced the rear rack with one that had regular tubing so I could use my normal pannier bags.

Back