RadMini battery on RadRover?

Rover Bob

While the Mini battery won't physically fit on the Rover frame, has anyone tried carrying the Mini battery elsewhere (maybe on the rear rack) and cabling from it to the Rover?

Are you thinking of doubling the battery packs or just moving the battery pack to the rack?

It just the Radrover is already so tail heavy with the hub motor and I have a rear rack with Topeak bag with foldout panniers on top of that. I occasionally carry my wife spare battery from her Radrover in my rack bag if I'm taking a extra long rides alone. Switching out battery pack only takes a few minutes and I usually need the break off the saddle anyways.

Are you thinking of doubling the battery packs or just moving the battery pack to the rack?

It just the Radrover is already so tail heavy with the hub motor and I have a rear rack with Topeak bag with foldout panniers on top of that. I occasionally carry my wife spare battery from her Radrover in my rack bag if I'm taking a extra long rides alone. Switching out battery pack only takes a few minutes and I usually need the break off the saddle anyways.
My goal would be to occasionally carry and use my wife's Mini battery as a 2nd battery when riding my Rover.

I don't know if the Radrover and Radmini batteries have the same connectors? I would think a custom extension cable with connectors for Radmini battery on one end and the Radrover battery tray on the other would work? It is just the Radmini battery is such a odd size and hard to pack or secure on the Radrover rack. The wife's Radrover battery fits perfectly in my topeak rack bag with additional room to spare for additional items.

Back