Rad Wagon 4 EU vs US are they different ?

NiouRider

Region
Europe
Hi all.
I want to buy a long-tail cargo for cruising with my two kids (actually 45 kg for the pack !)
As my budget is not too high I think about a radwagon 4 (even with those non standard tires)
BUT I suspect that the EU version is completely bricked both by motor power and throttle speed.
As I live in a somewhat steep area ( a 14% street of 1 km ?) I don't want to spend 2 k€ in a clumsy walrus ==))
And in 2 years I'll go to San Francisco so wanna bring my eBike there.
I really want a bike with throttle to carry wife and kids.

1. Did someone know If I can switch to EU or US mode?
2. If the EU version totally crippled what do you advise?

Thanks to all in advance cause the ebike world looks very complex!

Last edited:
Well I've not bought a Radwagon, I want to
But I fear the lack a power due to EU regulation as seen on the Radwagon comment section
I hope it is possible to put the Radwagon in US mode...

I love this bike! It changed my mind and how I perceive commute. The only thing that I feel unconfrtable is, being the EU version, being limited to 250W power. When travelling with kids, I'm sure it makes lots of difference, but off course, it is not a Rad issue but a country (territory) regulation.

Last edited:
I agree, Rad Power 17A controller is not any cheaper than Bolton or Electro Bike World's 35A controller.

By going Rad Power controller, you aren't going to be saving much money.

Rad is $99 display only, I don't know how much they charge for 17A controller.
It will be well over $200 for display & controller.

Bolton charges $229 for display & 35A controller.

You seems to suggest that buying a 99$ LCD Display from RAD could allow me to switch the Radwagon from EU mode to US mode?

From my experience on the Rad Rhino (Rover for the US name) that I bought last year (so that would be the Rover 5).

It seems to be the same as the US one when I first derestricted the stock controller. Got similar performance with the updated controller.

Later on, I changed the motor for the "true" 750 W, again, the stock motor seems (I don't have exact measurements or anything) to be the same one.

To me the "250 W", "500 W" (Canada) and "750 W" are just marketing numbers from the same motor (it saves costs on top of it all).

I would think it should be the same for the Longtail one.

Back