rad rover pedal assist stopped working. any tips?

The settings are on his site so I may have made a mistake so I ll go to check .
The PAS has the little red light
A7FD9149-2913-4E1D-99F0-FFCEEE9842DA.jpeg

So I did reset with the Y and those are the factory settings and many thanks for your time and answer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 352
So it's still not working?

Have you tried turning the crank backwards to see if that works?

No it doesn’t , and I may look stupid but yes I tried but it ain’t possible with the freewheel but I’ve tried to turn the wheel with hand backwards but nothing ...

Um, not to beat a dead horse here, but it should be pretty easy to turn the crank backwards, no? Don't care about the wheel turning while cranking backwards. This is about the PAS sensor.

Note that PAS sensor is direction sensitive. It's SUPPOSED to work in one direction only. If that's set wrong, it could easily be the root of your evil.....

I don't think C3 = 8 is right either. C3 should be the PAS level you want when the bike is powered up. I use C3=1 so the bike goes right to PAS 1 when powered up.

Um, not to beat a dead horse here, but it should be pretty easy to turn the crank backwards, no? Don't care about the wheel turning while cranking backwards. This is about the PAS sensor.

Note that PAS sensor is direction sensitive. It's SUPPOSED to work in one direction only. If that's set wrong, it could easily be the root of your evil.....
[/QUOTE
I tried what you advised me so I cranked backwards and nothing happened, so I don’t know if it’s a good or a bad sign lol

Just means we haven't found the problem yet....

I don't think C3 = 8 is right either. C3 should be the PAS level you want when the bike is powered up. I use C3=1 so the bike goes right to PAS 1 when powered up.
Merci @AHicks now with the C3 sets as C3=1 I’ve got 5 different speeds levels and much more control it’s already a big improvement

Not following. Does that mean your PAS is working?

I've been using the older LCD3 manual previous to this. It's very similar regarding the parameter settings. I see now, when looking in the LCD8 manual, that C3 = 8 is legitimate. Set that way, the bike will go to the PAS setting that was current when shut off. Thinking I like the go to PAS 1 plan better.... Your call....

Not following. Does that mean your PAS is working?

I've been using the older LCD3 manual previous to this. It's very similar regarding the parameter settings. I see now, when looking in the LCD8 manual, that C3 = 8 is legitimate. Set that way, the bike will go to the PAS setting that was current when shut off. Thinking I like the go to PAS 1 plan better.... Your call....
No no the PAS still doesn’t work but now the speed increase proportionally to the level assist

Attachments

• C784C892-2DCC-412B-BE2B-5BCFADDBD327.jpeg
    C784C892-2DCC-412B-BE2B-5BCFADDBD327.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 332
  • DEC0F1F7-A5F2-4141-8DF6-BC888968C3E5.jpeg
    DEC0F1F7-A5F2-4141-8DF6-BC888968C3E5.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 331
  • E4573084-BE41-4EFE-9518-CA4825DCF18B.jpeg
    E4573084-BE41-4EFE-9518-CA4825DCF18B.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 3763F160-D6AC-4360-9D48-6A5E4F8157D7.jpeg
    3763F160-D6AC-4360-9D48-6A5E4F8157D7.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 338
  • 51210155-386A-4F87-A7DF-A14C33D94AAF.jpeg
    51210155-386A-4F87-A7DF-A14C33D94AAF.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 323
  • C691C28F-336D-4CD2-BA69-AE04EE2B4C86.jpeg
    C691C28F-336D-4CD2-BA69-AE04EE2B4C86.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 334
Ahem.... It would appear you change P3, not C3.

Not going to hurt anything, but it's not going to help our cause either. Looks like you changed P3 to 0. I'm pretty sure you'll like P3=1 better, but try it once you're able to figure out this PAS.

Reactions: seb
Ahem.... It would appear you change P3, not C3.

Not going to hurt anything, but it's not going to help our cause either. Looks like you changed P3 to 0. I'm pretty sure you'll like P3=1 better, but try it once you're able to figure out this PAS.

Sorry for the late reply but with the work and the different time zones in UE I’m running a bit ...
to give you some updates I went on Bolton site on the controller page with the " rights " settings and the bike PAS doesn't work still I really cant figure out what the matter with me , here's the pictures of Bolton settings and mine
A0A745CD-0E86-471B-A61D-61DEA891E4C2.jpeg
2A35D9DC-9355-4DFC-840B-2FEAB6122535.jpeg

Kyle at Bolton Ebikes has a video on this and a replacement PAS sensor. Or he did at one time anyway. The video gives you a step by step to install the new sensor.

Reactions: seb
Kyle at Bolton Ebikes has a video on this and a replacement PAS sensor. Or he did at one time anyway.
Yes absolutely I saw it too , the Rad upgrades video but he says he has a defect PAS sensor mine was just fine with the stock controller but Everything is possible and I could have damage it ( the red light is on although) so I ll try to switch back the stock controller and I ll be sure about my PAS sensor...

Somewhere here I found a link to the Bolton (and EBW) controller. It is NOT the flimsey 4 page phamplet, but a detailed description of each and every setting. I recommend finding a copy of this and going from there. I have been able to fine tune my radrunner w/ upgraded 35a controller, color display, and true 750w Bafang motor to my likinmg with this manual available to reference...

Yes absolutely I saw it too , the Rad upgrades video but he says he has a defect PAS sensor mine was just fine with the stock controller but Everything is possible and I could have damage it ( the red light is on although) so I ll try to switch back the stock controller and I ll be sure about my PAS sensor...

this?

Attachments

• KT-LCD8H.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 643
Hello everyone little updates, I contacted Rad Power and after few emails with Carlos from the customer service my Rad is working perfectly , the PAS sensor was defect.
Carlos gave me a "to do list" to be sure of the problem .
later on I had to send pictures with the error code right after I received an invoice saying Rad Power ll replace the PAS sensor for free as my bike is still under warranty ...
Many many thanks Rad Power , and specially to Carlos from the customer service.

Somewhere here I found a link to the Bolton (and EBW) controller. It is NOT the flimsey 4 page phamplet, but a detailed description of each and every setting. I recommend finding a copy of this and going from there. I have been able to fine tune my radrunner w/ upgraded 35a controller, color display, and true 750w Bafang motor to my likinmg with this manual available to reference...

Back