Rad Power Bike Shipping

dapope_22

Well...I was supposed to receive my new Rad Rover today but was just contacted by my Velofix tech that was receiving and putting the bike together for me that the forks were bent during shipping and the bike is unrideable. The forks are bent and the brake mount is rubbing on the disc. I have contacted [email protected]. Not a great way to start things off Rad Power Bikes. But it's not how you start it's how you finish. Hoping they handle this quickly. I was very excited about receiving my bike. Now I am just disappointed and frustrated.

Attachments

• rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 665
  • rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 601
  • rr3.jpg
    rr3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 610
I have two Radrovers (Black and White) since Sept/2016. Both arrived at the same time and the white Radrover box was in pretty good shape. The black Radrover box was beat up, dirty, and had a rip down the larger side.

I had an issue with my Black RR:
- front disk brakes out of true, used an adjustable wrench to bend back
- rear derailleur was bent in and the chain would rub on the fat tire in the 3 lowest gears, bent back into place by hand
- left pedal crank bolt wouldn't stay tq (the whole left crank fell off in the middle of my commute, had to throttle back home and take the car). RR replaced the crank and the bolt and 100% since
- controller had an issue of not re-engaging the motor if your speed got above the motor cut off to show "000" watts and your mph would slow down. I had to pause my pedalling for 2-3 seconds to get the motor to engage. RR sent me a new controller and 100% since.

Others on the forum had shipping issues like:
- loose spokes
- damage battery pack and it wouldn't fit in battery tray (one one person had this)
- minor dents and paint chips
- loose connections with wiring harness causing error messages on LCD
- brakes need to be adjusted
- power and/or brake cables on front handlebars don't have enough play (can't turn the wheel fully, re-doing the zip ties help)

Everything is fixable and I found it was a great way to learn about my bike. Rad Power Bikes has an excellent customer service and they resolve warranty issues pretty quick. I would charge the battery first because it might take a few hours or up to a full day to balance out the cells. The battery pack is only as strong as the weakest cell. Balancing out the cells ensures all the individual batteries have the exact same charge level and they discharge at the same rate for max power and range.

So Rad Power Bikes does work fast, apparently. They emailed me saying that they shipped out a new fork to Velofix. I am hopeful that it arrives quickly so I can get my new bike on the road.

So Rad Power Bikes does work fast, apparently. They emailed me saying that they shipped out a new fork to Velofix. I am hopeful that it arrives quickly so I can get my new bike on the road.
They are shipping out a new fork overnight so hopefully I will be on the road by the weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.

rad.jpg
rad2.jpg
rad3.jpg
mrgold35 said:
I have two Radrovers (Black and White) since Sept/2016. Both arrived at the same time and the white Radrover box was in pretty good shape. The black Radrover box was beat up, dirty, and had a rip down the larger side.

I had an issue with my Black RR:
- front disk brakes out of true, used an adjustable wrench to bend back
- rear derailleur was bent in and the chain would rub on the fat tire in the 3 lowest gears, bent back into place by hand
- left pedal crank bolt wouldn't stay tq (the whole left crank fell off in the middle of my commute, had to throttle back home and take the car). RR replaced the crank and the bolt and 100% since
- controller had an issue of not re-engaging the motor if your speed got above the motor cut off to show "000" watts and your mph would slow down. I had to pause my pedalling for 2-3 seconds to get the motor to engage. RR sent me a new controller and 100% since.

Others on the forum had shipping issues like:
- loose spokes
- damage battery pack and it wouldn't fit in battery tray (one one person had this)
- minor dents and paint chips
- loose connections with wiring harness causing error messages on LCD
- brakes need to be adjusted
- power and/or brake cables on front handlebars don't have enough play (can't turn the wheel fully, re-doing the zip ties help)

Everything is fixable and I found it was a great way to learn about my bike. Rad Power Bikes has an excellent customer service and they resolve warranty issues pretty quick. I would charge the battery first because it might take a few hours or up to a full day to balance out the cells. The battery pack is only as strong as the weakest cell. Balancing out the cells ensures all the individual batteries have the exact same charge level and they discharge at the same rate for max power and range.

I e-mailed them several times and so did my Velofix tech and they went ahead and overnighted me the forks. Received the bike on Fri and I am extremely happy. The Radrover exceeded my expectaions.

Similar problem with my RadWagon. No problems with attaching kickstand, handlebars, etc., but when I tried to put on the front wheel, I discovered the bent fork. They were cheerful and accommodating, sent a new fork, a new wood surface for the right hand running board (it had gotten gouged, probably in the same bang-up that bent the fork) and readily paid for the LBS to swap in the replacement. The rest (which is just the first week of riding, but includes a 23 mile round trip) has been a lot of fun. High hopes!

I'm under 30 days until my 1 year warranty expires with my two 2016 Radrovers. I have +3200 miles between the two rovers. The only issue I've had since the initial problems was replacement of the white rover controller because of a 30 maintain error (bad controller was the old mph cutoff per PAS program and replacement is the new watts per PAS until 20 mph program).

Other than the controller and replacing worn kenda tires with Vee8 120tpi; no other ebike component issues or mechanical problems with either bikes. I only expect the replacement of tires and brakes in the next 3200 miles.

For me, just getting past the initial issues caused by shipping gave me a lot of miles of trouble free ebiking.

I received my RadWagon on August 23rd, was impressed on the packing ..and well the bike. As soon as I got it back to my garage and unpacked I started wrenching on it, charging the battery as it was getting assembled. Didn't take long to put it together, though I admit I had problems with the running boards, the angle on one of them was off a bit, but with some coaxing I got it on. I had also noticed what I thought were " shipping marks" small black scuffs on the forks and figured I would get to that when I gave the bike its first pre-ride polish.

Got the bike assembled and waited for the battery..it seemed like forever. finally everything was in place, bike together and battery charged and on. As soon as I turned the display on I got the 30 maintain error and called tech support. They were friendly and walked me through the steps to check the error. They decided it was either the harness or controller and said they would ship one priority right away. ( I told them I had just received the bike and hadn't been able to ride it yet)

It's now 8:36pm on Saturday the 26th and still no parts. I've checked the tracking number and as far as the post office is concerned they haven't received it yet. the shipping label is made but it hasn't been scanned into the system.

After my mail ran Friday I decided to go ahead and give the bike a good wash and get rid of those scuffs on the forks..well...they are in the paint or at least under the clear coat. I've tried every auto compound known to man and it's not coming out. I also noticed that the front rotor was hitting the pads in a few spots when I put the bike together so I was going to take care of this too. Long story short I ended up taking it to my LBS and had them true the rotor because it was warped.

I bought the bike in hopes of getting some of my freedom back as I haven't had that since going through a life changing event in 2014. I was an avid biker and I am hoping the RadWagon will be my first baby step to getting back on the road and being able to get myself around without relying on others. I know the customer service is outstanding at Rad Power Bikes so hopefully I will be on the road soon and will be posting pictures!

Good thing Rad has good customer service, that can make or break a company. I think they need to up their QC though because that also can make or break a company

Back