Rad Mini comparisons

Blazer85

Region
USA
So I happened into a great deal on a used Rad Mini. It’s my first ebike. My wife tried it and liked it very much. I wanted to order her one but it looks like it will be late in the year before they will be shipped. So my question is what similar bikes do you all have and what are the pros and cons. I’m leaning toward a step through Fat Tire for her. Thanks!

Any Pedego dealers near you? They have the Element model. 20", fat tire, local support and a choice of colors. I have a Rad Runner 1 and a Rad Mini Step-Thru in the family. I like the Mini a lot. I'm trying to get my wife on an ebike. She likes weird so I'll get her something like a Revolve Chopper.

I’ll do some checking. It looks like I’m at least 5 hours away from a dealer for Pedego. Do you know anything about Himiway bikes? They have a bike called the element that looks like it is the right type. I just don’t know anything about them. Thanks

So I happened into a great deal on a used Rad Mini. It’s my first ebike.

Congrats on the new to you ebike. I test rode the Mini ST, City ST, and Rover ST last month. I decided I liked the look, feel, and features of the City ST.

My wife tried it and liked it very much. I wanted to order her one but it looks like it will be late in the year before they will be shipped.

When I ordered my City ST at the end of April, they indicated it would not ship until June. It shipped this week and should be delivered 12 May. The website is still showing June shipping for new orders. It is a gamble, but you might get it early.

I would consider if one of the other Rad ebikes would work for you. Many share the same battery, so depending on the age of your Mini, you could swap batteries or take two batteries for a long solo ride.

Do note that the City model uses a direct drive rear hub. Many have reported issues with power climbing hills, others have indicated no problems. It all boils down to what your expectations are, and the terrain you will be riding.

I hadn’t thought about that. Being able to utilize two batteries for one machine on occasion would be a great option. Appreciate hearing about your shipping experience as well.

I have an "old" Radmini. It has been pretty trouble free, but I don't ride it much anymore. I have 1400 miles on it. I have replaced the brake pads twice. I took it to a bike shop shortly after I got it and they fixed my assembly job. The 2017 had a different battery and no suspension. If I rode more than 10 miles, I felt beat up, but that might not be a problem now, because they put shocks on the front. I don't like the heavy tank like feel of it, but it is good to ride in the woods on bad roads. A friend bought a 2018 mini and it has a different battery and would get better mileage than mine, but it also had a couple of problems right off that grounded it while parts were shipped for replacement of defective parts. She taped a big wad of padding around the folding joint, because the toggle bruised her leg so her bike no longer folded. That's my review.

Mine is a 2016 model. I was wondering if they make a good replacement fork with shocks for it?

Back