RAcktime Rack for Como 5

B

BarryS

I picked up a Como 5 at a Police Auction for $300.00 :) It's been stripped of All the extras Different Seat - No lights No Fenders etc. I will be able to pick it up next Friday . Apparently It came from a raid where they were stealing Bikes . Then Changing some of the looks so they were safe to not be detected . LOL Guess they were wrong :) ANYWAY . I will probably wire up a New Front Light and Get a REAR RACK. That's why I am Posting Here .

Does anyone know if Racktime makes a Basic Rack like what Comes on The Vado . ONLY WIDER? I'd like to be able to just throw My Trunk Bag etc on this Bike . Without having to do anything but adjust the Snap it width .

I looked at Racktimes Site . There's very basic explanation : Any Suggestions ? Thanks

IDK about racktime, but a topeak rack and fenders fit fine on my Como 3.

IDK about racktime, but a topeak rack and fenders fit fine on my Como 3.
I want the racktime because My gear I carry on Vado 4 is all set up with Racktime mounts. So I want to be able to just switch my Trunk bag from one bike to the other without doing anything. Just not sure which racktime model to buy. No retailer I've asked had an answer.
I have a good idea which rack to buy. But it appears they come from Germany . SO I don't want to have a Return

We have wider Racktime racks on our mech bikes. Racktime accessories can be swapped between the wider racks on our mech bikes and the narrower racks on our Vados with a tool-less adjustment on the Racktime accessories. We're using the Eco2.0 rack on our mech bikes and are very happy with them. We did get the wider racks from a Euro based online bike shop, but I believe they are distributed in the States under the Tubus brand, but I could be wrong about that.

We have wider Racktime racks on our mech bikes. Racktime accessories can be swapped between the wider racks on our mech bikes and the narrower racks on our Vados with a tool-less adjustment on the Racktime accessories. We're using the Eco2.0 rack on our mech bikes and are very happy with them. We did get the wider racks from a Euro based online bike shop, but I believe they are distributed in the States under the Tubus brand, but I could be wrong about that.
Thanks I looked at that one. Also looked at the Standit . The Lightit appears to be similar to what is on the Vado . The Standit I think might be the wider version of that . Really hard to get much info . My Dealer has Trek alliants with the racktime rack Yet Trek is Promoting MIKS ?? Again Thanks

Forgot to mention, we selected the Eco2.0 rack as it has a 2nd horizontal rail that allows us to use our clip-on panniers when we have a Racktime bag clipped onto the rack. We can't do this on the Vado standard Racktime rack as the pannier clips interfere with the Racktime bracket on the single horizontal rail., FWIW.

Thanks I looked at that one. Also looked at the Standit . The Lightit appears to be similar to what is on the Vado . The Standit I think might be the wider version of that . Really hard to get much info . My Dealer has Trek alliants with the racktime rack Yet Trek is Promoting MIKS ?? Again Thanks
I hear you about Trek Allant+7 and the Racktime rack. That said, I do like the Racktime‘s narrow shape and really like the Odin bag that has zip up panniers.
CB10414C-2E44-4B53-8041-9A6C2188D0A2.jpeg
4C707C44-6BA1-4CE8-8569-656D5ECF436C.jpeg

Forgot to mention, we selected the Eco2.0 rack as it has a 2nd horizontal rail that allows us to use our clip-on panniers when we have a Racktime bag clipped onto the rack. We can't do this on the Vado standard Racktime rack as the pannier clips interfere with the Racktime bracket on the single horizontal rail., FWIW.
Yeah I have considered that. To bad they didn't include areas to mount racks on the Vado like they did for the Como. I saw a Vado out riding where they had double paniers and a trunk bag on top. I was planning to talk to the guy about his setup . He wasn't very forth coming with information . One of those guys that was dressed up to match his bike and all of his gear . EVEN HAD THE SPANDEX Attire . Which made his pot gut pretty obvious .
I don't even wear a helmet . His attitude was like our group was beneath him to associate with . I asked if I could check out his bike . He answered "Not really" Got on his bike attached some leads to his arms and left . LOL I probably wouldn't have wanted to spend what he spent on that pannier setup anyway. It looked Top of the Line But I have no idea if he was using a Snap it or if the Panniers were Factory attacked right to the Trunk bag . Slick , even though he wasn't :)

I hear you about Trek Allant+7 and the Racktime rack. That said, I do like the Racktime‘s narrow shape and really like the Odin bag that has zip up panniers.
View attachment 71395View attachment 71396
Your alliant has the narrow racktime rack? A Friendly acquaintance of mine just bought an Alliant 7S. He was asking me about what trunk bag to use . He told me his rack is racktime but was almost 5 inches wide ? He was confused because the Dealer LBS Suggested the Bontager Bag . But it had the Miks adapter lol. Although that is what I bought . IMO that Bontrager Bag is one of the nicer ones out there . I just removed the MIKS and Installed the Snapit , Like Me that's what he'll probably do . Even though he said How Idiotic Trek uses Racktime Racks Yet promotes MIKS . I have looked at the Verve 2 and Verve 3 . They have MIKS Racks

Yeah it’s kinda stupid of Trek’s marketing department. My rack is the Racktime Lightit and I like it and the Racktime Odin bag. The Lightit is about 3 3/4” outside to outside. The Odin’s bottom adapter is adjustable.

Yeah it’s kinda stupid of Trek’s marketing department. My rack is the Racktime Lightit and I like it and the Racktime Odin bag. The Lightit is about 3 3/4” outside to outside. The Odin’s bottom adapter is adjustable.
If you had an option like Me to get the Lightit or go with the Standit (The 5.7 inch version of the 3.7 inch lightit) Would stick with the Lightit ? My Vado has the Lightit on it . It's a Nice rack . Just thinking for my other bikes where I need to add the Rack of an inch wider would be that much more stable.

If you had an option like Me to get the Lightit or go with the Standit (The 5.7 inch version of the 3.7 inch lightit) Would stick with the Lightit ? My Vado has the Lightit on it . It's a Nice rack . Just thinking for my other bikes where I need to add the Rack of an inch wider would be that much more stable.
I really couldn’t say as I don’t know your needs or how either rack would fit on your other bikes. Bigger is better if it fits correctly, I guess.

sometimes other options are available ...

. .

have fun

View attachment 71965
Nice setup. My interest in racktime rack is only because My bag (which I like the most ) is already setup for racktime. The racktime rack is on 2 other bikes . So I want another of the same brand. So I can just switch the bag between bikes in a snap so to speak. Appreciate y0ur input

Nice setup. My interest in racktime rack is only because My bag (which I like the most ) is already setup for racktime. The racktime rack is on 2 other bikes . So I want another of the same brand. So I can just switch the bag between bikes in a snap so to speak. Appreciate y0ur input

We also use Racktime racks on all of our bikes for the same reason.

I am pretty sure I am going with the snap it to fit a TREK VERVE Hybrid

I'll also be in the market for a rear rack when my Como is ready. I had installed an Ibera built for a fat tire on it, and loved the quick release with their trunk bag, but unfortunately it didn't sit back far enough for my seat position. I'd ultimately ended up with a Specialized roll rack on that stolen Como, but it also didn't sit as far back as I would have liked and wasn't a super clean install on that rear wheel.

Does the Racktime rack sit further back to allow seat movement? (I've got really short legs and ride with my seat about an inch up from the post. Ha!)

I'll also be in the market for a rear rack when my Como is ready. I had installed an Ibera built for a fat tire on it, and loved the quick release with their trunk bag, but unfortunately it didn't sit back far enough for my seat position. I'd ultimately ended up with a Specialized roll rack on that stolen Como, but it also didn't sit as far back as I would have liked and wasn't a super clean install on that rear wheel.

Does the Racktime rack sit further back to allow seat movement? (I've got really short legs and ride with my seat about an inch up from the post. Ha!)
I couldn’t say but I can’t imagine it would be in your way. My Racktime Lightit is a fairly narrow rack.

I thought you bought a Como 4 that comes with both front and rear racks as well as the class 3 limit?

Back