R750 - First Ride Today

bonefish101

Today was a good day, I took my new M2S R750 out for it's first spin and we had a blast!! I covered 16 miles of hilly rural neighborhoods out here in the Shenandoah Valley and felt I could have easily done more, the battery still had over 50% remaining. I rode mostly in PAS 2&3 and easily handled all the hills. I'm 6'4 and weigh about 215ish, I was worried that the bike might struggle on some of those hills but it turned out not to be the case at all and I'm very impressed with the power, as mentioned I had it set to less than half the max and it was no problem at all on any of the hills, just drop a gear or two and off you go...
I need to get a new seat, it was uncomfortable on the homeward stretch, this old ass needs a bit more padding under it. Other than that, I really cant fault anything for the price, the bike is huge, built like a tank with great frame welds. Brakes are good enough for my riding style on this beast and I appreciate the extra stopping power of the hydraulics as there's lots of weight in motion. Suspension fork leaves quite a lot to be desired but again, for the type of riding this bike is for and the price paid, they're adequate. Fat tires are fun, makes you feel like you can tackle any terrain, bike feels planted at all times, even at speed. Cornering takes a little more effort than initially anticipated but the ride was solid and confidence inducing.
All in all, very satisfied for the first ride out, hopefully we're in this for the long haul.

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 721
Great review. I was considering this bike...actually thebupcoming Pro R750. Ive got a 3 mile hill which is about 10-12 degrees inclined to get back to my house at the end of every ride. I was hoping those rides would be a our 20 miles with moderate assist, then a bunxh of help getting up the final hill. I weigh 200lbs and i asked the M2S guys about it. It seemed to scare them and their exact quote was 'that's going to give any of our bikes trouble'.

I read about rear hub motors overeating ar slow speed and how much better mid drives were. It was enough to scare me off the M2S, though I love the huge engine and throttle control as well as the huge battery! From what you've experienced, would you share the 'stay away from M2S' advice?

Great review. I was considering this bike...actually thebupcoming Pro R750. Ive got a 3 mile hill which is about 10-12 degrees inclined to get back to my house at the end of every ride. I was hoping those rides would be a our 20 miles with moderate assist, then a bunxh of help getting up the final hill. I weigh 200lbs and i asked the M2S guys about it. It seemed to scare them and their exact quote was 'that's going to give any of our bikes trouble'.

I read about rear hub motors overeating ar slow speed and how much better mid drives were. It was enough to scare me off the M2S, though I love the huge engine and throttle control as well as the huge battery! From what you've experienced, would you share the 'stay away from M2S' advice?

I'm surprised by your response tbh, when I spoke to M2S (a couple of times) about frame sizing there were none of those concerns and the bike seems to handle my weight just fine with plenty of power left untapped. Top speed is as advertised, I got it up to 28mph (and a bit beyond) with no probs. Mid-drive bikes are going to be much better on the trails for sure but if you're not doing too much technical riding or mainly sticking to roads, fire roads or groomed trails that aren't too technical this bike will do just fine. It's important to remember that the R750 is very much an entry level machine, it's not built for the rough stuff really so I could see how the hub might overheat with continual low end torque if you were trying to push it beyond its intended purpose. Tons of good info on youtube, just search e-mtb.
That 3 mile hill will be NP for you, neither will the 20 mile range, you'll probably double that. It'll put a big smile on your face every time you tackle that hill, trust me. I should have had bugs in my teeth by the time I got home yesterday from grinning so much throughout my ride. As far as stay away from M2S, I'd advocate for the opposite, so far they have been great, everything has been as promised and the build quality of the frame is obvious, the motor runs strong and the hardware is adequate for the price paid and for the specs, the R750 is actually a decent deal when you shop around.

Last edited:
Still grinning!! Loving this bike so far, so much fun!

Attachments

• River2.jpg
    River2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 914
  • Shen2.jpg
    Shen2.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 906
  • Shen9.jpg
    Shen9.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 892
Got my R750 a few weeks ago myself and have ridden it about 80 miles or so, so far.

Decided to do a battery test and using a mix of 1-9 PAS and throttle (but capped my top speed at 20 MPH due to NJ restrictions) go about 48 miles of range before it started to cut out with 4E warning and then motor symbol. Seemed to die quickly as first bar took about 20 miles to go away, about 15 miles for second bar and then 5 miles for 3rd and then only about 3 miles for 4th and then with 1 bar remaining it started cutting out. Think I will upgrade display so I can see real battery voltage.

Bonefish, what size frame is your R750?
Hi, it’s a large and to be honest, it’s a bit small but not too bad, it’s definitely doable. I’m looking at getting another bike, a mid drive class 1 and I’ll definitely be looking for an xlarge for my next frame size.

Just to clarify, it’s a bit small for me at 6 foot 4 but the actual bike isn’t small by any stretch, it’s a beast!

Ok, thank you.

I was wondering because at 6'4" your seat height look low in the picture?

Their XL frame, jump 3 inches from L (19") to XL (22"). I think the Black or Green high-step pictured in their webpage is their 22" XL

Thanks again for your help and reply :)

Back