Questions about Yukon 750

hojac

I am interested in buying this E Bike but had a few questions. I sent email to .voltbike.ca. I haven't gotten response yet but I thought I would post here in case someone has the same questions or answers.
I'll post answers from company as I get them........

I have a few other questions that I couldn't find answers for on forums or your web site.

1 Is the motor 750 watts ? I've read that there are no markings on motor. Also what is Peak Watts (max output)?

2 If I upgrade the fork in the future what size would I need ? tapered?

3 I would like to change to tubeless. Which do you think is better tubed or tubeless(as far as avoiding flats)? Are wheels on this bike tubeless ready?

4 I've read peoples posts, that they put 24 x 2.5 Maxxis Hookworm tires on, for a quieter and smoother ride on concrete. Just wanted to confirm that they fit.

5 What is the next level (better quality) derailer after 7 Speed 1x7 Shimano Tourney that would fit this E Bike?

6 Size of brakes pads part # ?
Type of Chain & Length?

7 This Bike has cassette or freewheel?

8 Is Power Assist always on? Would like to confirm if settings go from 1-9 or 0-1.

When not using battery power, will this E bike feel (peddle) like a regular bike,or will there be resistance?

9 Can I buy removable LCD Display? Will the one from Luna Cycle or other bike parts sites work on this bike?
I 'm guessing in NY someone is going to rip it off, even using a good lock for frame and wheels.

I hate buying something expensive "blind" (so to speak), but after all the good reviews I think I'll take a chance. Considering you usually get what you pay for,I'm still not sure if the comparative low price is a good thing or not.

1) I'd like to know also...

3) The stock tires on the Yukon 750 are 30 TPI Wire Bead which makes them very puncture resistant. They are heavy, stiff and hard to remove, but worth it if flats are a concern, IMO. In contrast, foldable 60TPI and 120TPI tires are much softer and "premium", but more susceptible to punctures. I think the Radrover comes with 60 TPI tires.

8) The default assist is level 1 - 9 (ie. always on). However, it can be set to 0-9 instead, which means that it can be turned off. I use assist 0 a lot in a crowded situation.

When on setting 0, does it ride like a regular bike or is there some resistance because of the bike setup/motor?

I answer that question in another thread:
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...a-lot-harder-with-ebikes-being-heavier.10040/

Quoting myself:
Flats and declines are no problem to pedal without power since there is only the additional (heavier) inertia to overcome. Inclines are exponentially more difficult because gravity is added to the equation, and the extra weight begins to resist exponentially.

For example, I can push a bowling ball, as easily as a ping pong ball, on level ground with no effort once I overcome the initial inertia. However, as soon as there is an incline, the force (Force = Mass x Accelaration) required to push the bowling ball would exponentially increase since gravity is exponential (9.8 m/second squared at 100% incline).

Last edited:
When on setting 0, does it ride like a regular bike or is there some resistance because of the bike setup/motor?
There is no resistance from the motor at all. It free wheels completely. No drag at all. Just like a regular bike.

Thank you for the reply. Excellent, that is one of the things I was concerned about with this bike.
After going on a long ride and using up battery, it's great to know this. Having replaced hip I was concerned. Around where I'll be riding it's mainly flat land.

Last edited:
I spoke with George a couple of days ago. He said the motor is 750w with a max of around 850.
My other questions were mainly about future upgrades I may want to do.
I ordered the yukon 750w black model, but I asked him to sent out the bike from the stock that has the changes (bottle holder bosses, reduced stem, slap guard etc..).
He said that would be around Dec. 10

Last edited:
Back