Put a deposit down on a cross current.

I put my deposit down on the cross current by Juiced Riders. I am super excited and I am a little nervous about buying v.1 of any ebike. This price point and spec sheet finally hit the sweet spot for me though.

Rocket electrics, out of Austin Tx will carry the bike so local support is available, fortunately.

Anyone else out here got a deposit down on one or considering the cross current?

It has me holding off on the easy motion cross thats for sure for half the price. It seems to have proven parts so like you I am excited to see reviews/experiences on it. I need to buy local so I am looking.

It has me holding off on the easy motion cross thats for sure for half the price. It seems to have proven parts so like you I am excited to see reviews/experiences on it. I need to buy local so I am looking.
I was looking hard at the easy motion line, but the price point being so much higher than the DIY bikes is why I ultimately held off. The shop here in town said I could apply the money to another bike if desired.

The range on the cross current standard battery is a bit lower than I'd hope for at 25 miles especially if that listed range is lower than what I see in real world numbers. My commute will be between 10-13 miles each way (depending on route) which is cutting it really close.

The cross current was at the top of my list in the last few weeks, but for just 400-500$ more, I was able to secure a bbosHD (1000w) motor and a fatbike that i'm converting. Please let us know how the XC rides/plays out. GL mate.

Kaldeem, if you give me your email I'll send you a video of one like yours being installed on a Cannondale. Best Ive seen about 30 min. Quite well done.

I was looking hard at the easy motion line, but the price point being so much higher than the DIY bikes is why I ultimately held off. The shop here in town said I could apply the money to another bike if desired.

The range on the cross current standard battery is a bit lower than I'd hope for at 25 miles especially if that listed range is lower than what I see in real world numbers. My commute will be between 10-13 miles each way (depending on route) which is cutting it really close.

I am with you I know the battery is smaller but I cant see where the 1500 dollar difference is between this bike and the easy motion cross. Maybe somebody that knows more then me can chime in.

@theaggravatedjew I went to juiced riders website to put a deposit down and all it would allow me to do is sign up for newsletter on when pre-ordering would be available??? How did you put your deposit down?

@theaggravatedjew Seems like a great deal from a well respected brand. Hydraulic brakes at that price point is impressive.

Two suggestions:
Austin is pretty flat, right?.. This motor is will not be good for riding hilly areas. Comes with a geared 350W motor that is wound for high speed (28mph). Combined with a small battery you won't get a lot of torque to climb hills.. Bike is perfect for flatter terrain.

When you do receive the bike, replace those Kendas with an excellent 700c tire. The thing that aggravates most ebike owners is getting flats, and this is where the manufacturer saves money with very cheap tires. Schwalbe is a popular choice.. Read the Amazon reviews or anywhere. And thorn resistant tubes.. Avoid Slime or any other workaround.

Have fun!

http://www.amazon.com/SCHWALBE-Marathon-Plus-Smart-Guard/dp/B00PUHTXSS

And if your commute is really over 10 miles each way, buy a second charger for work. Cold temp and hills really cuts into battery range

@JoePah, thanks that is exactly the kind of advice I am looking for. My commute is about 10-12.5 with some hills. Austin is somewhat hilly nothing like San Francisco though.

Ultimately, I will get the battery with better range. I want enjoy the ride and be able to divert and try out different routes without stressing over battery life. The potential variance of range is probably my biggest concern with an ebike. What is considered cold in terms of a decreased battery function?

The new tubes seem like alot of bang for the buck. It seems a little silly to remove brand new tubes but may be worth it I suppose.

@theaggravatedjew yw!

When it comes to tubes and tires it comes down to your own comfort level.. A flat ruins my day, so it's a small price to pay for high quality reliability.

I live south of Miami so I really don't know squat about effect of cold weather and hills. On the few days the weather is in the 40's, my battery range drops about 20%. With hills I would guess another 10%.. So that 25 mile range turns into 18 miles or so. A second charger that you can either carry or leave at work is the easiest way to go.

Another thing about batteries is that you don't want to run them down until they die (called the low voltage cutoff, or LVC), because it will decrease battery life. Charging them when before they drop below 20% is a good rule.

I just put my deposit down for one of the demo units set to deliver in a few weeks. First thing I am doing is putting thick inner tubes & tire liners... I also hate flats!

I just put my deposit down for one of the demo units set to deliver in a few weeks. First thing I am doing is putting thick inner tubes & tire liners... I also hate flats!
How do you know it will be the demo unit? I am not entirely clear if I am getting the demo or one in February. Any insight if the demo will vary from the feb models in any way?

How do you know it will be the demo unit? I am not entirely clear if I am getting the demo or one in February. Any insight if the demo will vary from the feb models in any way?

It says on the Juiced website that demo units ship on Dec and production units ship Feb.

I don't know for sure if they'll be any different but I doubt it. Dec to Feb is too short of a timeframe to make any changes based on real world feedback. Rather, I think its just to get the word out and allow the dealers to decide if they want to order more.

Here's a rider report that doesn't make the CC sound like it's incapable of powering up hills. This is also consistent with the report offered by Crazy Lenny. A MTB it is not and Chandlee mentioned climbing hills in his prototype took moderate effort, so it seems reasonable to expect acceptable but not impressive hill climbing...at least until the reviews start to appear.

Not to debate the value of upgrading tires, but here is the actual detail, as best I can determine, for the tire that comes with the CC. You'll notice 'protection' is rated fairly high by Kenda because of the additional bead-to-bead layer they included.

Back