Purchased New Boomerang Platinums Today

UPDATE: We just passed 100 miles and had our first bike checkup. This 100 mile checkup is free. Wife's Pedego Boomerang Platinum remains in excellent shape and she's really happy with it. My larger Boomerang Platinum, which I'm very happy with, required a full torque sensor replacement. I earlier posted that I had a clicking sound coming from the peddle area and took the bike in after a few miles to get it fixed. They worked on the torque sensor spindle and it stopped clicking...for a while. It started again and while not bad or affecting performance I had them replace the torque sensor at 100 miles. That cleared up the issue and the bike is absolutely silent except for the slight whine of the motor. Except for the torque sensor replacement this bike is in excellent condition.

We've ridden our bikes for a couple months now and have them dialed in for our riding style and conditions. We normally ride in PAS 1 and 2 at from 11 to 14 mph cruising speeds. Remember, we're in our 70s and that's plenty fast for our bones. The motor gets us up some very steep hills, especially those on the Prince William Forest National Park, Virginia, 8 mile paved bike circuit. This park has a few very steep inclines. Roadies use this circuit for pro training. We love it for its' beauty and fine biking trails. This park has the steepest hills we've encountered. We've managed the steepest inclines in PAS 2 with a little pedal effort. These bikes have enough power with plenty in reserve.

We've had no other issues than that I've mentioned. These are solid, stable, comfortable bikes. We continue to receive first class support from our Pedego dealer in Alexandria, Virginia. We would buy them again over other ebikes we considered. Why? Good reliable bikes with exceptional local bike shop support!
Glad to see you're enjoying your new Pedego's!

We have close to 6000 miles on our three Pedego Platinum Interceptors and have also had just a few minor issues. They are indeed great bikes but they're not for everyone. They are a bit expensive considering the mid range quality components supplied with the bike but IMO, the superior customer service makes it worth the extra cost.

This may not be that important for those who do their own bike mechanics but for others less mechanically inclined, they are an attractive product.

Curious, did Todd give you a loaner ebike while yours was in the shop getting the torque sensor replaced?
We didn't ask for loaners but I'm sure he would have loaned us two rental bikes if needed. He's just that type of customer oriented owner. He had our bikes for a day to work on them.

Glad to see you're enjoying your new Pedego's!

We have close to 6000 miles on our three Pedego Platinum Interceptors and have also had just a few minor issues. They are indeed great bikes but they're not for everyone. They are a bit expensive considering the mid range quality components supplied with the bike but IMO, the superior customer service makes it worth the extra cost.

This may not be that important for those who do their own bike mechanics but for others less mechanically inclined, they are an attractive product.
You have an amazing number of miles. Impressive! No question these are expensive ebikes with a specific market in mind. Especially so for the Boomerang design. My bike mechanic roadie/mountain bike millennial nephew out in Denver would not be interested but he understands our needs are not the same as his.

Agree regarding superior customer service...and great warranty which they stand behind. These bikes may have mid-level components but more important to us is the way they work together to provide exactly the riding experience we desire. There is no substitute for a well equipped, knowledgeable, customer centric local bike shop.

An update: Todd Ketch is opening a second Pedego shop in the DC area, in Vienna, VA. Soft launch in March with official opening in May 2022.

Hey Dewey,

Thanks for the info. Todd mentioned he was looking for a location in the Vienna area on our last visit in the summer. Glad his business is growing. Vienna, VA is a great biking area with many ebike enthusiasts. We look forward to his grand opening and continued success.

BTW, our two Boomerangs have performed flawlessly since their 100 mile service several months ago. Still very glad we went with this brand because the bikes are excellent for us, great local bike shop service and super personalized support from Todd.

Back