Purchased new Allant+ 8s

JimFMB

I’m now on my third ebike by purchasing the Allant+ 8S on Friday. I have been looking at all of the interesting comments and feedback about the new Allant series and finally pulled the trigger on it. The Trek LBS had just gotten it and it was of course still in the box. The store was practicing social distancing and customers were required to wait outside 6’ apart (approximately one hour In a very long line) until a salesman was available. Everyone was required to wear a mask. I’m ok with all that particularly being outside of Chicago and It’s high rate of Covid-19 infection.

I had never seen the store with so few bikes. New bike sales have been crazy and the salesman told me there is also a shortage of parts.
The bike is great! It’s my first Bosch Performance Speed equipped bike. So far I have not had issues similar to some that have been addressed on this forum, but still have just under fifty miles on the bike.

I do have a few questions.
Can the LBS enable the on/off feature for the headlight?
What type of riser stem can I use to raise the handlebars?
Can the LBS enable the walk mode of the bike?

The Cobi app works fine, but is somewhat clunky.

258B61B6-A387-4360-8BEC-16F55EA2C32E.jpeg

I’m now on my third ebike by purchasing the Allant+ 8S on Friday. I have been looking at all of the interesting comments and feedback about the new Allant series and finally pulled the trigger on it. The Trek LBS had just gotten it and it was of course still in the box. The store was practicing social distancing and customers were required to wait outside 6’ apart (approximately one hour In a very long line) until a salesman was available. Everyone was required to wear a mask. I’m ok with all that particularly being outside of Chicago and It’s high rate of Covid-19 infection.

I had never seen the store with so few bikes. New bike sales have been crazy and the salesman told me there is also a shortage of parts.
The bike is great! It’s my first Bosch Performance Speed equipped bike. So far I have not had issues similar to some that have been addressed on this forum, but still have just under fifty miles on the bike.

I do have a few questions.
Can the LBS enable the on/off feature for the headlight?
What type of riser stem can I use to raise the handlebars?
Can the LBS enable the walk mode of the bike?

The Cobi app works fine, but is somewhat clunky.

View attachment 53944
Congrats and nice pic. You made a great choice with the allant+ 8s. I have one too and it's been flawless for me.

I think the headlight can be switched off through the app but I've never tried as I rarely use it and prefer the headlight to be on during the day anyway.

The trek LBS where you bought the bike should be able to tell you what or even if any riser stems are compatible.

The walk-mode has it's own designated button complete with an image of a walking person (albeit very hard to see) located immediately above the + button left handle bar.

Congrats on the new bike.

Stem risers are pretty much a universal thing; the only difference between them is how tall they are. The only limitation is that the control cables on the bike might not accommodate a lot of rise, so you would incur the addition expense of having all new cables installed. It is more complicated and costly on a bike with hydraulic brake lines as well because the time it takes to swap hoses is greater.

nice. didnt know allant 8s had a stepthru. i have the mettallic colored 8s. bike flies. i also added a riser to my bars, but it didnt make much of a difference. if your gonna want a higher rise your gonna have to change the cables

Yes, I figured the cables will need to be changed. The current problem is the shop is so busy that it may take awhile to get it done. Also the service department said there is a delay in getting a riser. I do believe that other Trek stores may have them. As I spend more time with the COBI app, it does appear that they have not even scratched the surface on the potential for the product. Not sure why it is so limited.

Back