Pulling for Pushkar...

Merle Nelson

Region
USA
After joining EBR and finding out about WW I started reading the threads currently being added to and also went back and read many dormant threads post for post. It didn't take long to know I wanted a Hydra and wanted to do business with Pushkar based on the principles he holds himself to.

One thing I noticed from the beginning is that he gave and did too much for his own good in my opinion. For instance at a time when Hydra frames came in and he was building bikes he would often times be answering posts on EBR on a very prompt basis. How can one build bikes, run a business, update web page info, and do a host of other things as well as answer general questions through the day and keep their sanity for the long haul is the thought that came to my mind.

Another example is that while I respect and agree with a person paying for a mistake they make, or offering a free upgrade based on making something right for the customer if they were at fault on a point, I do not think it makes good long term business sense to give upgrades that cost WW money for things that happen out in the world and WW is not directly responsible for. For us and the world to continue to have access to WW bikes and innovation at the level I see it coming out in this forum WW must thrive and Pushkar must continue to have his visions met by his business.

So as a suggestion from me to Pushkar I would say this, Pick at least one thing that is bogging you down in business each week and make a concrete plan that will address this issue. Are you frazzled from going non stop in every direction? Possibly set x hours per day, or a time of the week that you do not answer business calls and texts. Do you look at WW accounts and see less cushion $$$ than you would like to see based on the effort and passion you put into the business? Maybe set rules for yourself about when upgrades are offered free and when genuine sympathy is all you give and the customer pays for the upgrade if that is what they choose.

I appreciate Pushkar's spirit which he brings to WW and will say more about that later.

Be careful, too much pulling causes blindness... but I guess Puskar will appreciate the one less thing he has to do 🙃
May have been better if you had sent this as a PM though...

Last edited:
After joining EBR and finding out about WW I started reading the threads currently being added to and also went back and read many dormant threads post for post. It didn't take long to know I wanted a Hydra and wanted to do business with Pushkar based on the principles he holds himself to.

One thing I noticed from the beginning is that he gave and did too much for his own good in my opinion. For instance at a time when Hydra frames came in and he was building bikes he would often times be answering posts on EBR on a very prompt basis. How can one build bikes, run a business, update web page info, and do a host of other things as well as answer general questions through the day and keep their sanity for the long haul is the thought that came to my mind.

Another example is that while I respect and agree with a person paying for a mistake they make, or offering a free upgrade based on making something right for the customer if they were at fault on a point, I do not think it makes good long term business sense to give upgrades that cost WW money for things that happen out in the world and WW is not directly responsible for. For us and the world to continue to have access to WW bikes and innovation at the level I see it coming out in this forum WW must thrive and Pushkar must continue to have his visions met by his business.

So as a suggestion from me to Pushkar I would say this, Pick at least one thing that is bogging you down in business each week and make a concrete plan that will address this issue. Are you frazzled from going non stop in every direction? Possibly set x hours per day, or a time of the week that you do not answer business calls and texts. Do you look at WW accounts and see less cushion $$$ than you would like to see based on the effort and passion you put into the business? Maybe set rules for yourself about when upgrades are offered free and when genuine sympathy is all you give and the customer pays for the upgrade if that is what they choose.

I appreciate Pushkar's spirit which he brings to WW and will say more about that later.
I told him weeks ago to take at least one day off per week. He's a married guy with little kids. Lots to balance. I too have been impressed with him since very early on in my experience on the forum. He is a standup guy.

I think everyone is hoping he succeeds.

If it was me and it is not, I would stop having all of these phone calls. Answering a phone and carrying on for awhile takes a lot longer then just answering an email. An email can be delegated. It can be concise. It gives you a chance to think about your answer before offering something for free or promising something without being positive if that is the case. It allows you to make professional decisions without the personal touch of hearing another person. It can be done at any hour when kids are sleeping or you are sitting on the toilet, etc.

The product has not been the issue. He is making the best version of the high powered bikes out there. It has been the communication with the customers that has been his biggest growing pain. IMO.

As for answering post, I personally would keep that up. It is great publicity and is the reason a lot of us chose his company to begin with. If you are going to pay to shape the message through Facebook and the likes you might as well enjoy the free publicity that these message boards provide. Yes they will involve answering some tough questions, but those questions are going to need to be answered anyways. So answer it publicly or move it to a private message, but letting it go on without response is not good. If you look at the issues brought up recently. I think all of them would have fizzled out to nothing if watts wagon had sent a pm to the person on the day they posted about their lack of updates. A two minute update to the customer would have nipped it in the bud.

In the end he is going to make the choices that he thinks is best. That is the beauty of running your own business. You get to do it the way you want. It is also the problem with it. You are now responsible for the decisions you make.

Back