Pulling Core out of Juiced CCX hub motor

Jerry Mike

Region
USA
Does the cassette free wheel on my Juiced CCX have to be removed for the hub motor to be disassembled (removal of the core)?

The core only comes apart about an inch and then stops as though it's hitting something inside the motor.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry Mike,

Last week, I dove into this some to make the repair to the clicking sound when pedaling. I did remove the cassette in order to make it easier to get to the screws that hold in the motor plate beneath/under the cassette. The tool to remove the cassette is inexpensive: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274931809707. The "nut" fit; this did the trick. While I didn't remove the motor core, it certainly slid out and appeared it would have come out all the way, but I did not try to slide it out. That said, I don't see how having the cassette still on, provided the screws on the motor could still be accessed, would prevent the core from coming out. That's guesswork. Sorry this is not very informative.

Jerry Mike,

Last week, I dove into this some to make the repair to the clicking sound when pedaling. I did remove the cassette in order to make it easier to get to the screws that hold in the motor plate beneath/under the cassette. The tool to remove the cassette is inexpensive: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274931809707. The "nut" fit; this did the trick. While I didn't remove the motor core, it certainly slid out and appeared it would have come out all the way, but I did not try to slide it out. That said, I don't see how having the cassette still on, provided the screws on the motor could still be accessed, would prevent the core from coming out. That's guesswork. Sorry this is not very informative.
Thanks for the reply Dan. I was able to remove the six screws from the power cable side of the motor without taking the cassette off when I tried taking out the motor core. But when I pulled the core out and it only came out about 1 inch before suddenly stopping (with a metal clank sound) I didn't want to push it for fear of breaking something. I still haven't figured out what the problem is as of yet.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I was able to remove the six screws from the power cable side of the motor without taking the cassette off when I tried taking out the motor core. But when I pulled the core out and it only came out about 1 inch before suddenly stopping (with a metal clank sound) I didn't want to push it for fear of breaking something. I still haven't figured out what the problem is as of yet.
I do the same thing but always remove the cassette with a removal tool before unscrewing the screws. The core will pull right out. Make sure not to lose the copper washer on the axle.

Jerry Mike,

Last week, I dove into this some to make the repair to the clicking sound when pedaling.
The clicking sound is typically from worn pedals, bottom bracket, or the motor cassette tower. I just replaced my bottom bracket on my Electric Electra Townie (uses the same motor as the CCX) and that solved the clicking.

For help replacing the cassette tower, see this link:

I do the same thing but always remove the cassette with a removal tool before unscrewing the screws. The core will pull right out. Make sure not to lose the copper washer on the axle.
Jerry,

I re read your post- I removed the screws from the cassette, non power side, when I observed that the internals would likely come all the way out. I think you need to go in from the cassette side.

Back