Propel offers NYC delivery workers a trade-in deal

Dewey

Region
USA
City
Arlington, Virginia
Propel has partnered with Tern, Uber Eats, Bosch, and the Equitable Commute Project a non-profit, to offer New York City delivery workers $1500 (40%) off a Tern Quick Haul with two UL-certified batteries when they trade-in a moped or e-bike. Great stuff, and well done @Chris Nolte for supporting essential workers make the transition.

Not sure a NYC delivery worker can afford a $2200 ebike. Why not a Lectric for $799? Sounds like a fear play on the recent battery fire incidents in the area to me...

Not sure a NYC delivery worker can afford a $2200 ebike. Why not a Lectric for $799? Sounds like a fear play on the recent battery fire incidents in the area to me...
you would have a far more reliable bike especially over the long run and far more range.

i mean.. it's not really a fear play. there have been tons of battery fires, virtually all (afaik) cheap no name non certified batteries and similarly crappy charging scenarios.

This will fail, as someone who works in New York i can tell you most delivery guys will not be trading in their E-bikes to pay additional money for a Tern, its too slow and they would actually have to pedal it.

Back