Project Beetah (Bagi B10 Bold Plus + Revi Cheetah)

Spin_and_Juice

Region
USA
I am working on transferring all of the electrical system from a 2021 Revi Cheetah to my existing Bagi B10 Bold Plus. I am using the Cheetah's motor, battery, display, controller, and PAS (everything but the throttle and light system). Everything works great EXCEPT I can not get more than 22-23 MPH with throttle or PAS. The display has been set to register the 20" fat tire wheel vs the original 26" fat tire and top speed is set to the highest (99). I realize that I might lose a bit of top speed going from the large wheel to the small diameter - but 5 MPH seems a bit much. The speeds have been tested with Strava to use GPS vs relying on the display's speedometer. I have also tried the Eggrider V2 display to adjust the Lishui controller settings too but in the app it's only saying the max speed is 41 km/h (around 25 mph) but this is the same setup on the Cheetah that can easily do 45 kmh / 28 mph. Is there any work around to this or do I need to do a new controller to get past 23 here?

Thanks for your time and hopefully your assistance!

Parts list:
Motor: Bafang G060 750W (07 variant)
Controller: Lishui LSW1332-47F
Battery: 48V 17.5Ah
Display: Not 100% sure but think it is a version of the KD986

Last edited:
Okay so, here's the tire size calculator

The circumference of 20 x 4.0 is 191cm
The circumference of 26 x 4.0 is 239cm

The difference is 79.92%

If you do the math, 28mph x 79.92% = 20.24mph

I know your bike could "EASILY" do 28mph (which sounds like if could have gone faster), so if you're getting 22-23mph as you mentioned, that sounds about right.
That part makes sense, but I'm still just a bit confused as the original setup from the factory used a 500W Bafang with a cheaper controller set to 20a (22a max) and was able to do 25-26 top speed. Is this 750W Bafang really just wound that differently? I know of other 20" fat tire folding bikes with this motor (same model number) and a 25a controller that can do 25-28.

So are you using the G060.750 for Revi and G060.500 for Bagi?
or the other way around?
The Bagi originally had the G060.500 (don't know the variant / winding for that as the case is generic) and the weaker controller but I've installed the G060.750 07 from the Revi in it along with all of it's other electronics now. The only thing left from the original Bagi setup is the throttle.

Oh okay, yeah if math was not adding up, I was thinking that was because of different motor winding.

But sounds like you have swapped everything, including the motor.

So what's puzzling here? Because sounds like everything is making sense. 😳??
I added a higher amperage controller, bigger battery, and more powerful motor yet lost 2-3 MPH top speed. I thought it was odd. 🤷‍♂️

I also thought it was weird that the Eggrider app was only showing that the controller's top speed was 41 km/h when the Cheetah that it came from is capable of 45 km/h unless the display speedometer is inaccurate. I haven't tested one with GPS and don't have another one in the shop to check currently.

You added higher amp controller, bigger battery, more powerful motor, but you went from 26 x 4.0 to 20 x 4.0 though.

I can't comment on EggRider but I don't think anything is strange considering you went to smaller wheel.
But this smaller wheel with the less powerful electronics went 25-26 easily. That same variant of 750W motor can do 25 easily on, say, a Sondors Fold XS that also uses a 25a controller albeit from a different manufacturer so it should have the theoretical power to reach that on a different folding bike with the same size tires.

Back