Problems Easy Motion Street display and battery consumption issues

WTHYN

I have had my Easy Motion EVO Street for about 17 moths and abosolutely love it, but I am having issues with the bike and want to know if others have had similar isses.I had the dealer replace with the White display after it malfunctioned. It lasted a few weeks and then needed replacing again (parts of the display were not showing up). At this time they also replaced the saddle it sits in.

Since I have put on the new BLACK displays I keeping getting a flashing Caution symbols (triangle with and ! In it) each time I hit the breaks. Is this normal? I did not get this on the old WHITE display.

I am having problems with the chain advancing once I roll to a stop and it slaps the frame. I have found a work around this because it is intermittent and doesn’t seem to do it for the local dealer. Prior to stopping I always touch the brakes which cuts the motor.

I have consistently averaged about 1 % battery usage per kilometre, over the life time and about 3,500 km of riding. The last few rides the battery drops for 100% to 90% within the first few Kms and I am not getting my average battery consumption. Today the battery was going down very quickly, after 25k, I was at 50%. I ended up turning the assist off when ever I was going down hill, to ensure I would have enough battery to get myself back home.

In addition to the battery consumption issue, I had a problem several times, where the display would not turn on at all. I removed the battery and then the display would power up.

Long description of my issues, short question: based on your experience with these bikes are these issues out of the ordinary.

I am headed out in 2 weeks on a 7 day, unassisted tour, through from Canada into rural USA and I am very concerned about the bike malfunctioning and not being able to get back home from the USA.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide me with.

Last edited:
I have had one for about 15 months, Evo 29er and had the caution symbol appear a couple of times over that period. I usually just shut it off and on again and it is fine. Never had any issues with battery. You might want to contact them about the battery. It does have a 2-year warranty so there might be an issue.

Update it took the dealer over two months to get the replacement HUB part for me. Once it was installed it solved the problem of the slippage. Not what I would call stellar service.

A reminder for people to regularly check your connections to the battery. One the rough roads I was losing 3 % of the battery, until I tighten the connection from the rear wheel to the battery.

I have had my Easy Motion EVO Street for about 17 moths and abosolutely love it, but I am having issues with the bike and want to know if others have had similar isses.I had the dealer replace with the White display after it malfunctioned. It lasted a few weeks and then needed replacing again (parts of the display were not showing up). At this time they also replaced the saddle it sits in.

Since I have put on the new BLACK displays I keeping getting a flashing Caution symbols (triangle with and ! In it) each time I hit the breaks. Is this normal? I did not get this on the old WHITE display.

I am having problems with the chain advancing once I roll to a stop and it slaps the frame. I have found a work around this because it is intermittent and doesn’t seem to do it for the local dealer. Prior to stopping I always touch the brakes which cuts the motor.

I have consistently averaged about 1 % battery usage per kilometre, over the life time and about 3,500 km of riding. The last few rides the battery drops for 100% to 90% within the first few Kms and I am not getting my average battery consumption. Today the battery was going down very quickly, after 25k, I was at 50%. I ended up turning the assist off when ever I was going down hill, to ensure I would have enough battery to get myself back home.

In addition to the battery consumption issue, I had a problem several times, where the display would not turn on at all. I removed the battery and then the display would power up.

Long description of my issues, short question: based on your experience with these bikes are these issues out of the ordinary.

I am headed out in 2 weeks on a 7 day, unassisted tour, through from Canada into rural USA and I am very concerned about the bike malfunctioning and not being able to get back home from the USA.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide me with.

>Since I have put on the new BLACK displays I keeping getting a flashing Caution symbols (triangle with and ! In it) each time I hit the breaks. Is this normal? I did not get this on the old WHITE display.

I was receiving this symbol when coming to a stop while applying the front or back brakes. This seemed to be part of normal functionality. The symbol would appear when I had the side mount display. Now after swapping it out to the new center display, I no longer see that symbol when applying the brakes.

>In addition to the battery consumption issue, I had a problem several times, where the display would not turn on at all. I removed the battery and then the display would power up.

You need to check battery connections at all points and make sure the contact points are not dirty or corroded. Also make sure the contacts on the frame are pushed out far enough to make a tight connection. Also try twisting the wire cables to ensure they are tight as well (near the brake cables on the handlebars). Good Luck!

If it was me., I would hold off on taking a long road trip with your bike until you have worked out most of the identifiable kinks.

The dealer replaced the display again today. Hopefully #5 is my lucky number. Luckily I have been keeping track of my km in a note in my phone, so I will know how many km I have done this year.

Intergrated lights not working. Riding today one of my co-riders noticed my front and back lights are not working. They are the type that are wired directly into the front and rear fenders and controlleded with a on/off switch on the front light and powered by the front wheel. I checked all the connections and they appear to be tight. Any suggestions???

Back