Dylon Desbiens

My build video - Building The Worlds Smallest Electric Bike DIY STYLE! Ep. 1 I just built a tiny electric bike ran by two 36v hub motors, two controllers (36v 350w), and two 18V 6ah Makita drill batteries for Youtube. The problem I'm having is my front wheel will turn full speed but my back wheel will only start to turn but then after half throttle it wont turn anymore while the front wheel still turns full. I have a basic 0-99v thumb throttle with a Green: Hall signal Red—Throttle +5V Black: Negative Wire; Yellow: Battery + Blue: Power lock wire output... The green, Red, Black wires I have all split so that each controller can wire too them. Yellow is with the battery +, and blue wire to each of the smaller red positive wires from each controller. Do I need to go up to 1000W controllers? Or anyone know how I can get both spinning full with this set up. I can post pictures of the wiring if you need it. Thanks alot

Nice tiny build!
It sounds like you paralleled all the wires?

I've never tried it but from endless sphere, this post:
"... Don't parallel all the throttle wires. You only split the throttle signal wire to both controllers and use the 5v and ground only from one controller, leaving them not connected on the other."

Does that help?

My build video - Building The Worlds Smallest Electric Bike DIY STYLE! Ep. 1 I just built a tiny electric bike ran by two 36v hub motors, two controllers (36v 350w), and two 18V 6ah Makita drill batteries for Youtube. The problem I'm having is my front wheel will turn full speed but my back wheel will only start to turn but then after half throttle it wont turn anymore while the front wheel still turns full. I have a basic 0-99v thumb throttle with a Green: Hall signal Red—Throttle +5V Black: Negative Wire; Yellow: Battery + Blue: Power lock wire output... The green, Red, Black wires I have all split so that each controller can wire too them. Yellow is with the battery +, and blue wire to each of the smaller red positive wires from each controller. Do I need to go up to 1000W controllers? Or anyone know how I can get both spinning full with this set up. I can post pictures of the wiring if you need it. Thanks alot

Well done! You may be interested in this micro-eBike for kids. ;)

SOLVED - As dumb as it is it was all to do with the battery levels. I got the correct drill battery charger in and gave both batteries a full charge... after that they turn full speed. I only split the signal wire now too. thanks!

More details from Electrek... Stacyc 12eDrive tech specs
  • Top speed: 14.5 km/h (9 mph)
  • Range: 1 hour (varies greatly)
  • Battery: 18 V 2 Ah (36 Wh) 18v 4 ah available
  • Charge time: .86 hour (1.3 hours for larger battery)
  • Weight: 8.1 kg (18.5 lb)
  • Max load: 34 kg (75 lb)
  • Electric Control: Throttle only
  • Brakes: Mechanical Band Brake
  • Extras: 3 drive modes: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced, Mini-Moto stand or Sticker pack available add-ons

Back