ProBike CO2 inflator

Sanders

Region
USA
City
PNW
Recently got this inflator but am just a bit curious.
With a Shrader valve I have always known the stem needs to be depressed then air flow.
Most devices have a something on the center to depress said stem.
The ProBike CO2 inflator has no such stem depresser.
It's a hollow opening that screws onto valve.
Supposed to be for either type of stem.
Is the pressure from cartridge so great it bypasses stem closure pin?
Whaddya know?

Attachments

• pro bike inflator.jpg
    pro bike inflator.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 311
Recently got this inflator but am just a bit curious.
With a Shrader valve I have always known the stem needs to be depressed then air flow.
Most devices have a something on the center to depress said stem.
The ProBike CO2 inflator has no such stem depresser.
It's a hollow opening that screws onto valve.
Supposed to be for either type of stem.
Is the pressure from cartridge so great it bypasses stem closure pin?
Whaddya know?

You can also purchase an adapter for a better air-tight seal... problem solved. ;)

1593370818865.png

Last edited:
Not familiar with that particular inflator, but on some air chucks you unscrew the cap (the knurled portion of your inflator), remove the rubber gasket, remove the plastic bit underneath and rotate it 180º to reveal the schrader pin. Replace the plastic part with the pin facing upwards, rotate the gasket so the larger opening is facing up and replace it back into the head and screw on the cap.

Not familiar with that particular inflator, but on some air chucks you unscrew the cap (the knurled portion of your inflator), remove the rubber gasket, remove the plastic bit underneath and rotate it 180º to reveal the schrader pin. Replace the plastic part with the pin facing upwards, rotate the gasket so the larger opening is facing up and replace it back into the head and screw on the cap.
Thanks Nova but I hope its not that involved. We'll see.

Hello Sanders, and welcome to this site. People are friendly and helpful. I just purchased the Pro Bike co2 inflator and never gave it a thought and honestly don’t know. But I’ll be watching for a definitive answer and if I find out, I’ll post it.

Hello y'all from WNY. New here with a 16" folding Citizen Bike eBike, and new to the maintenance stuff on a bike. I just purchased a Lezyne inflator and have never used one before. Aside from attaching the co2 cartridge, I had the same question as Sanders (I did take mine apart to look and did NOT see a pin inside). But aIso read elsewhere that if the co2 cartridge is used to inflate a tire, you need to refill that tire again later or the co2 will disappear from the tire eventually. Is this true? Thanks in advance and stay safe!!
4182021144259.png

Back