Priority Embark, first impression

jwalker678

Only ridden 20 miles and my first impression was, uncomfortable. It does’t have a suspension and my regular bike does so maybe that is why It is so noticeable. Filled tires to 40psi. Perhaps changing the seat would help. Also, more pressure on my wrists than my regular bike but I don’t know the cause.

Only ridden 20 miles and my first impression was, uncomfortable. It does’t have a suspension and my regular bike does so maybe that is why It is so noticeable. Filled tires to 40psi. Perhaps changing the seat would help. Also, more pressure on my wrists than my regular bike but I don’t know the cause.
Was this a test ride or did you purchase it?

The lack of suspension is definitely noticeable on bumpy pavement, but a lower pressure in the tires helps. I'm considering a suspension seatpost on mine. I don't have an issue with my wrists - possibly you need to rejigger the geometry for your size, that is, move the seat forward or back on its rails, raise or lower the seat, possibly get a different size stem.

Purchased.
I assume it was an Internet purchase and no one helped size the frame to your size. Going to take a while to go from painful to comfortable, if even possible. I’m always surprised when someone thinks bicycles are one size fits all.

The people at Priority are good about helping you size the frame based on your inseam and height. I bought Embarks for me and my husband and they were both the correct size based on the advice given.

Back