Presta to Scrader Adapter

Anyone ever use these? Would probably look funny on my road bike tires but my ebike has 2.25 wide tires. Thinking about trying them. I always disliked the prestas.

Yes, these will work... you can find much better pricing for a 6 pack with caps. ;)

1600135386783.png

No these are different. I've been using what your talking about about for years. They let you air up a presta tube with a regular air chuck but you can't check the pressure with it and you have to take it back off to lock the valve. The ones in the Amazon link convert your tube to Schrader. You take out the presta core and leave the adapter on it.

I have ones like FlatSix911 linked and I can check the pressure just fine. Never really felt the need to lock the valve after I put the adapters on, the tires seem to hold air just as well as before.

I assume the ones you linked might be a little less fiddly since you're replacing the whole core.

No these are different. I've been using what your talking about about for years. They let you air up a presta tube with a regular air chuck but you can't check the pressure with it and you have to take it back off to lock the valve.

The ones in the Amazon link convert your tube to Schrader. You take out the presta core and leave the adapter on it.

Ahh... got it. Should have read the instructions. ;)

1600138238754.png

I have ones like FlatSix911 linked and I can check the pressure just fine. Never really felt the need to lock the valve after I put the adapters on, the tires seem to hold air just as well as before.

I assume the ones you linked might be a little less fiddly since you're replacing the whole core.
Yeah I never could get my digital schrader gauge to work on them.

Yeah I never could get my digital schrader gauge to work on them.
I'm 0 for 2 on digital gauges - threw them both out. I either just set the regulator valve on my compressor or use my floor pump that has a built in gauge.

I'm 0 for 2 on digital gauges - threw them both out. I either just set the regulator valve on my compressor or use my floor pump that has a built in gauge.
Thats how I always fill my road bike tires, with the air compressor. My digital gauge works good on our vehicles. Very accurate. I gotta get me a new pump to carry on my new ebike. The one I had on my road bike is shot.

Back