prepared —installing a 48 V / 750 W Bafang mid drive

I've been riding one for 5 years now w/o a gear sensor, but while I use the gears lot, it's all tame level ground. By the way, can they be re-programmed to run 36V and 48V? Mine is a 2016 vintage 48V BBS02 750W, but thinking of another BBS02 kit.

Yes, the newest BBS02 kits. I've heard they no longer run on 52V. The HVC cut-off is 55V. Wondered if lowering LVC works.

Yes, the newest BBS02 kits. I've heard they no longer run on 52V. The HVC cut-off is 55V. Wondered if lowering LVC works.
Well not entirely true. Bafang has NEVER liked 52v. Just a PIA firmware flash. IMO and in IME 48v is the best choice. But that’s contrary to all the one motor experts.:rolleyes:

Or you could convert two bikes for different riding styles with identical eBike parts. That way if a part goes bad you will have a spare to swap to the preferred bike and can order that part on eBay. Right now I am down to four bikes with identical eBike parts, Gravel, Town, Cargo, Ladies. The ladies is with a friend. Just sealing the connections with adhesive shrink tube will save a lot of trouble. You do not need the brake levers but will want the gear sensor.
I might be doing some light rain riding, considering the wrap option, but might just
Not that I would ever argue with an Uma đŸ™ƒ ... But why do you like the gear sensor? I've been thinking about trying it but honestly my shifts are smooth now.
And the brakes are a very nice safety item to have, especially if you bump the pedals or throttle by accident when off the bike.
And though adhesive heat shrink is a nice touch if you are riding in bad weather.. It can be a real pain in the ars' if you ever want to unplug anything. Since I don't ride in the rain and the connectors are already waterproof by design, I opted for a little dielectric grease on the outer connector plastic. Much easier to swap out a throttle or display connection to do some programming.
I'll probably be doing some light rain riding and will probably go the grease route also. I didn't get a throttle as I really am just interested in PAS riding. Any tips for the best way to seal that open connector (assuming there is one)?

Em3ev didn't have any shift sensors when I ordered, so I did get the push button motor killer..was reading a lot about hard shifting.

I might be doing some light rain riding, considering the wrap option, but might just

I'll probably be doing some light rain riding and will probably go the grease route also. I didn't get a throttle as I really am just interested in PAS riding. Any tips for the best way to seal that open connector (assuming there is one)?

Em3ev didn't have any shift sensors when I ordered, so I did get the push button motor killer..was reading a lot about hard shifting.
I really haven't had any issues shifting without using the sensor. I do try and pause pedaling for a split second as I shift, but not always. But then I've always kinda done this even when not on an eBike. I only see it as a minor issue on high torque situations like going slowly up hill and shifting, but I think ahead in these situations. With over 3500 miles I'm still using my first (practically) chain. I do have my Startup Degree(Signal No.) set to 5 which is about a 1/4 revolution of the crank in delay before the motor starts assisting.
If you are talking about sealing an unused open connector like an unused shift sensor.. I like to use a dual layer of adhesive shrink tube. Put the first one on so that you have an inch of overhang.. then after shrunk and still hot squeeze the overhang flat and fold it back over the connector. Then use another piece of shrink to hold it folded over. Another way is to silicone rubber the end of the connector and heat shrink over that.
If you are talking about an unused throttle connector I would use a little silicone grease and the supplied rubber cap. You could heat shrink over it as well but this connector is not in as perilous place as the shift connector is.
Also consider if you might want to use any of these connections in the future before you make them bomb proof. I don't know your riding situation and there is an on going war about throttles.. But I appreciate mine and though only used less than 1% of the time, it is great for blasting across a busy street or easy starting off up hill when my knees are in a bad mood.

Back