Powertube battery rubber cover removal and re-install - RM 2020 and 2021 ebikes

sl91

Hi,

I start this thread in order to collect as many tips ans "old indian tricks" in order to learn how to remove the rubber cover from the powertube batteries in a safe way. This is really very hard on 2020 and 2021 RM ebikes. The aim of such a request is quite obvious, i.e. to be able to install a new battery without the need to order from RM through a dealer (very expensive).
In my case it was impossible to do it at my dealer workshop, the larger one inside Paris.

Best regards

sl91

Hi,

I start this thread in order to collect as many tips ans "old indian tricks" in order to learn how to remove the rubber cover from the powertube batteries in a safe way. This is really very hard on 2020 and 2021 RM ebikes. The aim of such a request is quite obvious, i.e. to be able to install a new battery without the need to order from RM through a dealer (very expensive).
In my case it was impossible to do it at my dealer workshop, the larger one inside Paris.

Best regards

sl91
Don't want to highjack your post and I'm not at all familiar with R&M or your exact situation but ...

Having removed and replaced the motor on my AM 1000 and thus becoming familiar with the wiring and how the motor is 'enclosed' I am loathe to go through water OR even think about riding in the rain. Some enterprising person might think about starting up a small entrepreneurial effort here. I think as well that it would behoove bike makers to put a lot more effort into their wiring in general. Especially the connectors. In my case it's really a shame how all this is done. The fault mainly lies with Bafang as the users of this platform are stuck with what Bafang gives them mostly.

Hi,

Best regards

sl91
I bought the 500 watt battery 600,- euro and the rubber cover (10 euro) and it was quite a hassel to put it on. you want to slide it in but to battery front and back plate are in the way (You do not want to open the battery like that) so once i had a small part of the cover forced into the ’rail’ I used 4 hands to squeeze the cover over the edge of the rail, and then it clicked into place :) a bit tricky but doable. And i saved like 150,- euro.
Takeing off the cover will probably brake the rail/sliding part of the cover...

It has to be snapped on as opposed to sliding it on. It can be kind of nerve-wracking but just go in with confidence and it'll go right on.

Back