Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

What happened to your first impressions? Nothing to say? How does it perform? Inquiring minds would like to know
I posted some initial impressions a couple of posts ago. Now that I've ridden it some more I'm very happy with it. I rode home and to work today in setting 1 and maintained a mid to high 20's the whole time. Since I'm riding road I inflated the tires to 20 psi and it rides and corners predictably. I don't noticed any shimmy or issues even at higher speeds. Going down a slight incline I hit around 37 which is one of the reasons that I wanted this bike so badly. With hard pedaling I can maintain in the 30's. I will say that Tora is a better athlete than me though ;) I'm not sure that I could maintain the mid-30's speeds that he did for so long, but can easily see that somebody could with some training.
I'm used to riding a 23mm road tire at 120psi and I love not having to swerve and dodge everything in the road. I've already ordered a rear rack and will report on that on the other thread I created.

Here is my Hyper. Medium frame. 12T and hydro brakes. Fenders are from Big O. Just seeing how they might look. I have not had a chance to check out the mounting hardware. Of course they will need to be trimmed.
IMG_1079.JPG

Last edited:
Here is my Hyper. Medium frame. 12T and hydro brakes. Fenders are from Big O. Just seeing how they might look. I have not has a chance to check out the mounting hardware. Of course they will need to be trimmed.
View attachment 19227
What's the website for the fenders? Those look great. I'm also curious to see how the 12T works out for you. What do you plan on using it mostly for?

Well I'm glad everyone got there bikes I was a founders series buyer and my package is currently Lost in Transit, not juiceds fault but very unfortunate.

Here is my Hyper. Medium frame. 12T and hydro brakes. Fenders are from Big O. Just seeing how they might look. I have not had a chance to check out the mounting hardware. Of course they will need to be trimmed.
View attachment 19227
MarkP would you mind measuring the standover height of your bike for me. I've had trouble getting an accurate and believeable figure from Juiced. Thanks.

@Macc

I don't mind at all. I am traveling today and Saturday. I will send it to you Sunday evening.

Are you considering purchasing a Hyper or do you have one on order and trying to decide if you need to change the frame size before it ships? If so I can contact someone at home and have them do the measure today.

@Macc

I don't mind at all. I am traveling today and Saturday. I will send it to you Sunday evening.

Are you considering purchasing a Hyper or do you have one on order and trying to decide if you need to change the frame size before it ships? If so I can contact someone at home and have them do the measure today.
I placed my order in May (may already be too late to change) and have been trying to get an answer ever since. Of course the frame change increased the standover height, but by how much? I seem to be kind of in between medium and large at 5'9" with shortish legs and a longer torso. I'm expecting that I'll need to make adjustments to get a more upright riding posture for my oldish (68) back. I have already purchased a Jones Loop Handlebar and expect I'll also get a stem riser and maybe a shorter stem to move me back and up. Where exactly is the standover height measured anyway? I would assume it is somewhere about 6" in front of the seat (just found out the measurement is taken at the midlength of the top tube).

Last edited:
About a week in of riding. I have the 13.4 battery and can easily commute the 8 miles per day and stay within the 20%-80% windows and have leftover. I set my voltage cutout at 43 volts just to make sure that the battery lasts as long as possible. I ride almost all the time on setting 1 since it's flatfish roads with small hills. It seems that using the 2A charger it takes about 3.5 hours to go from 20%-80%. It's also getting cold here and the early morning is having some effects as well.

It's also been a learning curve to lean and push the bike more like a motorcycle than my road bike. The HF will take a similar line but I have to be more committed and lean much more. It's kinda fun. I've also been using about 20 psi. I tried lower and it's great on the trails, but too soft on the roads at higher speeds.

Back