Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

Last update I received re founder series was shipping was the last major hurdle now that the bikes are in production. I guess it takes 24 days to ship from China via container or much shorter via air. I asked about the cost difference but they didn't have an answer as they're still figuring it out and possibly trying to arrange a group rate.

I'm not sure how such large batteries can be shipped via Air. None of the battery factories in china would ship me a replacement for my older EOL Pedego umbrella e-bike unless I paid for an entire shipping container and used sea freight.

After much research, I found a company in Las Vegas Nevada that will install new batteries into the existing old battery housing.
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...mbrella-folding-electric-bike-16-black.13796/
https://ebikemarketplace.com/pages/rebuild
(and sounds like I'll be getting upgrade from the original too)

But yeah, I'm looking forward to getting a REAL serious fat tire mountain e-bike to zip around lake Tahoe with.
Sooner the better but I'm patient so understand how manufacturing delays go.

I have been watching the Hyperfat progress over the past several months though I have not yet purchased one yet. I was planning to but only if they are on track or close to it. Right now it says pre-order for July/August? Is this accurate that if I order one today, I will get it July/August?

I have been watching the Hyperfat progress over the past several months though I have not yet purchased one yet. I was planning to but only if they are on track or close to it. Right now it says pre-order for July/August? Is this accurate that if I order one today, I will get it July/August?
I doubt it. I ordered at the beginning of May and 10 days ago they said my bike would be ready sometime in August. They didn't specify delivered vs finished by August. I assume I'll see mine sometime in September. If you ordered today, who knows. Certainly not July.

Sounds like nobody from the Founder Series has received any shipping updates yet? Last update i heard was 17 days ago on 6/12/2017:
We have a few little loose ends to tie up and we can then start shipping the initial batch of bikes to waiting customers. (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
Corresponded via email. It sounds like the first "batch" is still in production and I assume will be shipped all together. Also was told second batch should begin production late this month. I ordered May 16th (2nd batch), so I am thinking it will most likely be October or later, assuming shipment by sea. Oh well, I've got my 1977 Puch moped and vintage Schwinn to ride until then.

Corresponded via email. It sounds like the first "batch" is still in production and I assume will be shipped all together. Also was told second batch should begin production late this month. I ordered May 16th (2nd batch), so I am thinking it will most likely be October or later, assuming shipment by sea. Oh well, I've got my 1977 Puch moped and vintage Schwinn to ride until then.

Thanks for sharing the update. For what it's worth I heard similar a couple weeks ago. In a way it's unfortunate that they didn't have more to share with you in the couple weeks since I spoke with them and the full month since an official public update was posted. I think most people involved in the founders series were well aware they were funding a pre-production product and that comes with associated risks and delays, but the frustrating thing, at least for me, is the lack of a clear answer on what the plan is to deliver the product to us. Will they be shipped together or small groups or one by one. Air or Ocean. Can I pay extra for air shipping? I wouldn't think these should be mysterious things at this phase of development.

Last edited:
Yeah, they probably shouldn't tell us about the 10 day option unless they're going with that. I would think it would be in their interest to ship a few to independent reviewers and the first investors, but it also sounds like demand is already substantial anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if the price of this product (and the new CrossCurrent project) increase significantly once they are in stock and can deliver within a few weeks. The only company I have found with comparable products is Luna, and it sounds like the waits on even their existing bikes are long.

Last edited:
You might be right. From what I've read, you're looking at 20+ days for the sea freight. They've already said they can only make a few a day. It will take weeks to build enough for a second batch. If they finish the first batch by the end of the month, tack on one more month for second batch production, one more month for sea freight, plus another week or more for local freight. I thought I was being conservative estimating a September delivery but it may very well end up October. That's probably a deal breaker for me.

Small update on the bike page at Juiced, "
major update is coming covering production schedule and other info. 12T we confirmed can reach 30 mph. GPS Realtime tracking can be integrated as an option, now with 3 frame sizes that can be ordered. Racks now available. Sorry for the delay, we are working hard to get these out to waiting hands"

I'm more worried about the lack of updates. Like I said earlier, I'm willing to wait for a good product but it was originally promised for May. They can at least keep us updated on It's progress but it looks like the crosscurrent s has a higher priority.

I'm more worried about the lack of updates. Like I said earlier, I'm willing to wait for a good product but it was originally promised for May. They can at least keep us updated on It's progress but it looks like the crosscurrent s has a higher priority.

I'm a little worried but know that Tora will come through eventually. I ordered Feb 19th for April Founder's Series Hyperfat and understood the risk to schedule slipping and the challenges involved with bringing these models to market. I too wish there were more frequent updates on when each of the batches were scheduled to ship. Crosscurrent S does seem to be getting more love at this point.

I'm not even a buyer, but I've still been watching. I ended up going with the RadRover and am super happy I did, got it within a week of order and arrived back on June 1st so I've gotten to ride it all summer. What I can say is that Juiced Bikes still appears as a rock solid company and the HyperFat still offers a ton of features I'm interested in, many I don't have with my RadRover, so all combined, I'm still interested in potentially ordering a HyperFat in the future.

Keep the faith guys, I'm sure there'll be more positive updates on a solid product later. Just wish Juiced could keep y'all a bit more updated/informed.

I know it will happen, and have a general idea of when I might get it. I could still cancel if I wanted, no one is forcing me to wait. I would rather wait while they fix any issues first than get an inferior or defective bike right away. If the model of pre-ordering funds innovation and pushing the envelope, then I support it. Of course, I am anxious to get the coolest thing I've ever purchased. Just my thoughts.

I checked in with Juiced this week. More delays. They pushed my projected delivery another month at least. They also said there was supposed to be a public update this week on the production schedule but they missed that too. Bike is starting to feel like vaporware. It doesn't appear they've even been able to make 15 bikes in the last month much less the 400 they say have been ordered. They're not doing themselves any favors by keeping everyone in the dark. At least they updated the purchase page saying orders are now for September. I'm primarily interested in the bike for the large battery. Has anyone ridden a Smart Motion catalyst? I see that you can get it with a 840w/h battery.

Back