Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

It has frame bosses for the rack. We will have a MAC 12T winding version with incredible torque but somewhat lower top speed.
Wow that would be great riding in the area I live as we have lots of hills and I have bad knees .
I would gladly give up speed for torque to keep the riding fun

Last edited:
What happened to the $999.00 HyperFat HF750? Price now shows startting at $1499,00.

When I called in March, they said the $999 Bafang 750w were sold out. I guess only a few were available in the first batch and they went quick. I'd be curious if anyone here ordered one and received it. I was checking every few days last month for a fork option announcement that still hasn't come, when I saw the July ETA change (for 2nd batch). Didn't see any 750w available then but I could be wrong. Big box stores like Walmart and car dealers employ similar tactics. Advertise a super cheap base model to get prospective buyers in the door and upsell them the much nicer premium one.

But now there's a MAC 750w option for the same price as the previous MAC 1000w price and the MAC 1000w is now $150 more.

I did not notice the motor had been upgraded to the MAC750. That makes sense to me. The $1499.00 is on pare with the RAD Rover but with a better motor. I am really not sure why anyone would want this bike with the 750 anyway.

Looks like the demo bike(s) have made it to the states.New YouTube vid.

Thanks for the info.

Next stop... Bonneville Salt Flats... with helmet of course!

Last edited:
still concerned about shipping, already booked a flight for vacation for the week around memorial day. If possible can the shipping be held if the bikes are going out around that time?

It sounds like a great bike and perhaps has more options than many realize. With a MAC motor there's a brand range of options since the MAC can run from 36V to 72V!! I'd be drooling over their MAC!

36V-72V with the appropriate controller, here are some values from a long time Mac motor KIT seller.

36V 900W max, to 48/52V (25A Max).
Battery Option 900-1200W max,
to an option with 1500W Max.

These are not different motors. They are different controllers on the same MAC.

The 12FET controller I am
running.
  • 12pcs of Genuine IRFB4110 Mosfets. 1 of the best 100V TO-220 Mosfet available
  • 100V Caps, Max input voltage is limited to 90V
  • 36-72V operation, 90V max
  • 40A Current Limit
  • 4mm2 (>11AWG) High Temperature Silicone wires used on Phase and Supply cables
  • Dimension: 180 * 85 * 45mm
  • Weight: 0.54kg

The first pre-production HF1000 has arrived to the USA and we got it built up and running with zero problems. The updated high rate 45A BMS packs have not arrived yet, so we can't run more than about 80% of full controller power or the pack will shut down.

It's still enough to have a lot of fun. Here we have a quite flat stretch of pavement to play around with the radar speed gun. With spirited pedaling, we could see briefly 37-38 mph (59-61 km/h). This is remarkable considering the big and goofy fat tires.

This bike just wants to keep pulling and keeps providing assistance even when you are pedaling as hard as you can. You enjoy pedaling more than ever as your efforts are well rewarded.

With the torque sensor reacting so quickly and so many amps on tap, the system is always able to keep the motor in front of you so you never feel like you are working against the motor.

@Tora Harris

Oh it just keeps getting better!

Looking on the Juiced Bikes website, the specs for the HyperFat now shows the suspension fork (MOZO Fat Man). Is this standard equipment (not an upgrade)?

I also see there are two frame sizes offered (17" and 20").

Tora, will the April pre-orders able to specify the frame size and upgrade to hydro brakes (and suspension if it is not standard equipment) once bikes are ready for production? If frame size can be chosen (on April pre-order bikes), can you share any information on what the procedure will be?

With a bike like this.... the next stop should be.... The Indianapolis Motor Speedway!!!

Keep up the great work! The bike looks awesome!

Thanks

It appears that Juiced Bikes is now offering three frame sizes for this bike, Small (16.5"), Medium (18") and Large (20"). However, when I asked Juiced a few days ago whether all sizes would ship in the next batch (July 2017), the answer was that only the Medium frame would ship. Nevertheless their shopping cart will accept choosing any one of the three sizes. (I did not go through and actually order one, so perhaps there might be a warning after placing the order for a Small or a Large that it would not ship until later in the year. It appears my credit card would be charged immediately, not upon shipping. That's why I did not pull the trigger.) Maybe this is Juiced strategy to gage interest in Small and Large frame sizes. I hope they do in fact follow through and actually build Small and Large frame sizes, as they have done with the CrossCurrent, for example.

The other good news is that the suspension fork is now standard equipment (as is the LED headlight). MAC motor, high torque, hydraulic disc brakes, torque sensor, bigger batteries, Grin Tech charger, rear rack, and fenders are extra.

Question for ya'll, how do you plan on using your Hyperfat?

I live 60 miles away from work so commuting...yeah.

I am however a huge Civil War buff and that's one of the reasons I moved to Spotsylvania Co. in Virginia. I love exploring the numerous battlefields of the area but it's a lot of offroad land to cover and I really think this bike is my ticket. I don't really plan on traveling in my area on the road as it's nothing but high speed narrow country roads, i.e deathtraps for a cyclist. I did get a bike rack to travel into town (Fredericksburg) which is very old and very nice but extremely hilly.

Finally, and I'll have to get a bit more in shape for this, I want to travel the C&O canal towpath trail from DC to at least Harpers Ferry and the Antietam Battlefield.

This project has got me so excited that I actually ordered a second folding ebike to travel a bit more with. I've worked in DC for 10 years and I know it pretty well but, for instance, seeing a small memorial or plaque by car and on bike are two totally different experiences. I done it a few times but I never went as far as I've wanted because I hate driving in traffic, now DC has a lot more bike lanes and trails so I think I'll be a lot more comfortable.

Howdy
I've been looking at tons of eBikes and this is one of 5 total bikes in my final lineup. I'm also somewhat impatient and want a bike sooner rather than later; however, this bike offers more of the options I want than any other. I'm curious if anyone has any idea when a new order, placed today might arrive if ordering all the bells and whistles (1000 Watt motor, 21ah battery, torque sensors, statiator, suspension fork, hydraulic brakes). I would be willing to order whatever size/color gets it here quicker, assuming the new sizes would arrive even later, which size/color should be ordered? Last question, I know there's a throttle, but is it push button or twist?

@raymann112 I've read the entire thread and know you ordered your bike a while ago, still no word on when it's arriving?

if tora is reading this and needs feedback i definitely want a small or medium frame and am very excited about getting this bike

my plan is to head over to cali in july or august and ride both frame sizes before i order

i will be getting a hyper fat with all the options- high torque mac motor, torque sensor, grin satiator, hydraulic brakes etc- except maybe fenders since they are not needed much out here- will depend on whether my one up car rack clears them, if they fit with the one up rack will get the fenders

super excited about this bike

@MysticalFists, you can email Tora Harris, owner of Juiced Bikes, with your questions. His email address is [email protected]. He usually answers promptly.

Regarding frames sizes, my understanding is that only the Medium size will ship in July 2017.

Regarding the throttle, if you look at the HyperFat product page there is a picture of a thumb lever to activate the throttle. It's pictured together with the Advanced LCD Matrix Display and it's on the left-hand side of the handlebar. (Maybe you can mount it on either side.)

Juiced lists one dealer in Minnesota:

Tonka Cycle & Ski
http://tonkacycleandski.com
16 Shady Oak RD. S.
Hopkins, MN 55343
952-938-8336

Thanks @Bicyclista I'll have to try calling, I've been to the site, but they only list 4 s*it looking $3k+ cruisers. Tora also responded to a message I'd left at JuicedBikes. Apparently the next batch should be ready to ship from the factory around end of July or so. After that it's 7-10 days by express or 24 days by sea.

all I know is from this thread and the website. I got one email from juiced but that was just a copy and paste from the website. I ordered around the 2nd to last week of march I think, hopefully that means I'm one of the early ones and ill get it during the last week of this month.

btw, let me make it clear that while I'm eager to get my bike I'm more then willing to wait while it's done right. My schedule is really busy from now to the fall and my pressing to know the delivery times is more of a need to be able to clear said schedule and make sure I'm actually home for delivery, i already spend two to three nights a week in a hotel.

Well it's June, has anyone from the Founder's series order received any shipping notification or update of any kind? I know there was a delay from the original shipping in May target but the latest update on the website still said some of the founders series will ship in May.

We have been hard at work getting the initial batch of Founder Series HFs out. There has been a slight delay in the frames but things have been sorted and some units should ship in May. Other units will ship in June and we should have all of the Founder's series shipped in July. Thank you for your continued patience in this very aggressive project.

http://www.juicedbikes.com/updates/2017/5/3/hyperfat-hf1000-update-for-pre-orders.html

Love to hear an update on the delivery schedule from Juiced for those of us who pre-ordered after the founders' series. Is July still happening? No update to the blog for over a month. Doesn't sound like anybody has received their bikes yet.

Back