Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

Last post: still really looking forward to this bike.

I answered someones question on another thread and the admins didnt like my response so they deleted it. Im not going to waste my time on a forum that does that so im out. Ya'll take it easy.

That's a shame. I should do the same. I have enjoyed the camaraderie though. In some small way, it's made the wait more fun to know the rest of you are in the same boat. On the bright side, you're going to get to continue to look forward to the bike for a looooong time. Anybody here actually confident you'll see your bike in 2017? Who here would have loaned Juiced $3k if they knew it was going to take 8 months or more to get your bike? What a mess.

All I know is if it starts creeping into October with no real indication of anything... I'm done.
Unless they show the bikes boxed and loaded on a trailer, why would you believe anything they say? Just go back and look at the past updates. It's all smoke and mirrors. I doubt the name Hype was supposed to be ironic but here we are. The "production" bikes they showed were anything but. If you aren't ready to wait until Christmas or later, you might as well go ahead and ask for a refund. Good luck getting anyone to actually respond.

Do we really want to buy an electric bike from a company with such horrible customer service? I called M2S recently and the owner Eric answered and talked to me for 15 minutes and answered the questions I had. I emailed Roshan at Biktrix twice and he answered both emails in less than 24 hours. I emailed Tora 6 weeks ago and never got a response. I sent an email to Juiced via their website 3 weeks ago and got an auto reply email back with a Ticket Number and still haven't received a response.

Do we really want to buy an electric bike from a company with such horrible customer service? I called M2S recently and the owner Eric answered and talked to me for 15 minutes and answered the questions I had. I emailed Roshan at Biktrix twice and he answered both emails in less than 24 hours. I emailed Tora 6 weeks ago and never got a response. I sent an email to Juiced via their website 3 weeks ago and got an auto reply email back with a Ticket Number and still haven't received a response.

You're right. Can you imagine how difficult it will be to get replacement parts for this bike from Juiced? They say they take care of all their customers but all I read about on the forum are broken spokes, melted motors, and people waiting weeks just to get a reply.

Looking at other forums and feedback from the CCS shipments, it does not look good if you have any sort of problem. I'm going to sleep on it but this is a lot of money to risk when so many customers seem to have received faulty products and have had difficulty getting support.

Still lurking. Still contemplating getting one of these or a lunacycles bike (or even a motorcycle) next year. Damn am I glad I didn't pay for this when I bought my RadRover in June. I'd have been pissed to go all summer without it. Have to say I'm really surprised by the lack of updates from Juiced, as I had heard all about how great their customer service was when I was looking. Granted, I do enjoy the in-depth updates when they do come, but they could definitely learn a thing about timely updates when dates are missed. You can clearly see he's posted 2 or 3 times a week every week of September, but no word here since mid-August and the only update was September 5th on Juiced, now indicating November delivery?? Juiced Bikes, Tora, from what I've seen, I like y'alls work, but learn from this experience, people like timely updates.

I'm guessing he has not made it back to China, or the frame issue was a bigger deal than they let on. It's just dishonest and combined with all the horror stories of motors melting and no response from Juiced... I may just keep my money and wait

Forgive me for patching together pieces of information from various places.

1. Tora was talking about delivery by end of November. I'm assuming that it means they will receive the container of bikes at their warehouse in SD.
2. If that happens by the end of November, they will be in a container on a boat by the end of the first week of November.
3. In another post somewhere, Tora stated that the rest of the founders series pre-orderers only required a two week production run. Not sure if the frame delay was accounting for this.
4. That would mean even without further delay production would have to cease by the mid-October or the third week of October at the latest.

All educated guesses here, but yes, it would be great if someone could indicate of Tora is back at the factory making bikes. As a pre-purchaser, I'm going to keep my order until mid-October before requesting a refund and keeping my place in line.

After a few weeks of asking, I did eventually manage to get them to give me a refund on my order. They'll probably eventually finish the bikes but what happens if something goes wrong? Considering how much trouble they've had with the fairly basic cross-current S, imagine the reliability issues on this higher-powered bike with a custom controller. It would be awesome to have a fat tire bike with a torque sensor but it really seems like the company has grown too fast to keep up with customer service. Way back when I first ordered, Juiced had a pretty good reputation for customer service. Something clearly went off the rails in the last six months.

Been following along finally decided to chime in. Ordered Juiced HF in July, with all options $2700. Missed the majority of the riding season in my area.
Looking at Luna 1000 and Biktrix juggernaut mx Ultra. Prices come in closer to $3000 - $3300, which is really more than I wanted to spend. I have a short commute, but 1 massive hill. Biktrix has cadence and torque sensors. Bother are mid BBSHD - l Luna has 2500w option, 1000w Biktrix seems like plenty of power - both seem to be "better" than hub for hills, but frankly I only know what I have been reading online. Never rod an e-bike. Live on the East coast. I also like the look and performance of fenders and rack. still no fenders for Hype. At this point I think I should cancel and hold my spot and see what changes in the spring. Thoughts?

Been following along finally decided to chime in. Ordered Juiced HF in July, with all options $2700. Missed the majority of the riding season in my area.
Looking at Luna 1000 and Biktrix juggernaut mx Ultra. Prices come in closer to $3000 - $3300, which is really more than I wanted to spend. I have a short commute, but 1 massive hill. Biktrix has cadence and torque sensors. Bother are mid BBSHD - l Luna has 2500w option, 1000w Biktrix seems like plenty of power - both seem to be "better" than hub for hills, but frankly I only know what I have been reading online. Never rod an e-bike. Live on the East coast. I also like the look and performance of fenders and rack. still no fenders for Hype. At this point I think I should cancel and hold my spot and see what changes in the spring. Thoughts?

If you've never ridden an ebike, that's the first thing you should take care of. Is there a local bike shop where you could test ride a few? If you don't have a shop nearby, I'd be pretty nervous getting something from Juiced as their remote support doesn't have a great reputation. You'd probably be better served purchasing from a more established brand. If you've already budgeted $2700 and you don't have a long commute, you're still going to have lots of options especially if you don't need a fat bike.

When you say "massive hill," can you be more specific? Do you know the grade and length? Unless it's something really crazy, you should be fine with most commercially available ebikes. If you are looking for a commuter, the Hyperfat probably isn't the best choice. If you do end up getting it, make sure to change out the tires. The Juggernauts that are stock on the Hyperfat are garbage, especially for road use. Unless you are going to do a lot of off roading, I'd look for a hub motor based system (many would disagree.) Hub motor based bikes don't require as much maintenance although the do have their downsides (not as great for huge hills/heavy riders.) Have a look at the Smartmotion Pacer. It comes with a rack, fenders, torque sensor, big battery, geared hub, plenty of power, comes from a more mature company, and is in your price range.

Back