Power Levels on Vado 6

smitty

I have a question in regard to the power levels on the Vado 6. Today when I was riding in Eco mode, I accidentally pressed the minus key and got an indication in the Blok's TFT display that I was in "Off" mode. Interestingly, the power then seemed greater than when in Eco mode. I am curious as to whether or not I am simply recycling the modes, i.e., pressing the minus key from the Eco mode is simply returning me to the Turbo mode? Clearly, switching to Off on the TFT didn't turn the power off. I did turn the bike off at the startup button on the down tube and the bike then felt like the 50 pounder it is?

I have been wondering the same thing. Off is definitely not off and it's not Eco/Sport/Turbo either. To me, off feels different than the Eco/Sport/Turbo.

On my Turbo Vado 5.0, Off is off. No more boost, the display and lights are on but no help anymore.

I talked with Specialized and apparently your Vado 5 is acting as intended. They suggested that I check with my dealer and make sure that I have the latest software/firmware. My dealer had already told me that an upgrade was available and did it for me very quickly. For the Vado 6, Off is definitely not Off as it appears to be on the Vado 5 of yours. No surprise on this end; they have put out a new product without the accompanying advertised App. Their experience lays in building good bikes with plenty of accessories; clearly computer programming is not yet their forte. The last that I heard, MC will be available sometime in July, bad juju...they need to get with the program (no pun intended) if they want to be solid players in the e-bike World! All this being said, the Vado 6 has been a great product in terms of the bike they produced, from this vantage point. Let me add that I also ride a Stromer ST-2, so I have experienced what good programing can do as far as tuning your bike to your individual needs...

Back