Possibly stupid question: will my rear rack work on a Como Turbo 3?

hoosierdoc

Decided on a bike today. I am still about a week from actually pulling the trigger and paying from it (I have a bit of money I didn't know I had which is why I'm doing it now and not next spring). I asked the LBS about a workaround for my daughter's bike trailer and they were 100% on board with doing that and have done it plenty before. However, I didn't think to ask about my rear rack. I currently have a 10 year old rack I painted bright pink for visibility that is strapped to the back of my current everything bike (Surly Cross Check). It's also ridden on the back of my husband's Scott cross bike (which is really fat tires on currently). Zero issues on either. But I've never had disk brakes and I know it can throw a wrench in it.

Hard to say without seeing the rack but I put a rack on my Vado 2.0 by adding a seatpost collar that had threads for attaching rack and the dropouts had an area with bolts where the rack fit to the inside and did not interfere with the disks.

I don’t know how your rack attaches, but here is how they attach to a Como. If you have fenders you will need longer bolts on the bottom mounting point. Hope this helps....

Attachments

• D94316A2-51C3-4A15-A88F-131DFEFEFFE5.jpeg
    D94316A2-51C3-4A15-A88F-131DFEFEFFE5.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 426
I don’t know how your rack attaches, but here is how they attach to a Como. If you have fenders you will need longer bolts on the bottom mounting point. Hope this helps....
Thanks for this! I think my rack might work. I have extra hardware but I think the shop can put the rack on for me anyhow since they're doing a couple of other things for me. So I would assume they'd have the hardware. I did plan to put on fenders.

Hard to say without seeing the rack but I put a rack on my Vado 2.0 by adding a seatpost collar that had threads for attaching rack and the dropouts had an area with bolts where the rack fit to the inside and did not interfere with the disks.
I think it's just a standard adjustable bontrager rack. It's fit every bike I've put it on thus far.

Back