Pink ring of death when range extender battery discharges to zero.

ShaunTheDiver

Region
United Kingdom
When I use my range extender battery and drain it to 0%, the iWOC ring starts to flash pink indicating some sort of error.

There's no change in performance, no errors, no issues, and if I turn it off and then back on again it clears.

Anyone else experienced this?

I don't get this with my range extender. I've never really been looking down when it drains to 0% so I'm not sure what the lights are doing but it just seems to turn itself off when empty. I suspect that the different behaviours that people seem to be getting with the range extender are due to firmware differences between the various bikes. I've been trying to get the firmware on my Ribble updated (it's at least two versions behind the latest) so that the Pulsar One will work reliably but I have to send it back to Preston (250 miles away) at my own expense to have this done.

I have the same problem. Turning it back off and on doesn't seem to help, but charging the battery does. I know it defeats the purpose, but I think next time I get that low on a ride I'll turn off the extender before it goes to 0% and just run off the main battery.

Mine does the same thing as the OP's. When the light is flashing, you can't change the motor power settings. A quick turn off and on fixes the problem. I haven't been to the shop but maybe there's a firmware update that fixes the problem.

Back