Pilot seeking the right ebike, newbie ?

Jeff67

Live the dream, hopefully! My goal is to fly to small airports and ebike to Airbnb room, then explore local attractions. Space limited 2 seat light sport airplane with passenger side available for an 18" wide folded ebike. I'm 6'1", 180 lbs and would like help finding a reliable, not tiny bike with good range that fits approximately 18 x 20 x 30. So far seems like only the Enzo might do it. Suggestions?? Thanks!

At 17 x 28 x 36, the Pedego Latch is a bit larger than your ideal dimensions but it is narrower than 18" :

pedego-latch-1.jpg
https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/product/latch/

The bike is well reviewed, has an advertised 45 mile range and is made by a well established company with locations all over the US.

Worth a look.

Depending on your budget, you may want to look into buying a non-electric Brompton, and adding a Grin kit. Bromptons feel remarkably close to a full size bike when you ride them. And they'd be easier to fit into any type of vehicle.

Live the dream, hopefully! My goal is to fly to small airports and ebike to Airbnb room, then explore local attractions. Space limited 2 seat light sport airplane with passenger side available for an 18" wide folded ebike. I'm 6'1", 180 lbs and would like help finding a reliable, not tiny bike with good range that fits approximately 18 x 20 x 30. So far seems like only the Enzo might do it. Suggestions?? Thanks!

1. GoCycle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Electric Brompton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Tern Vektron

Depending on your budget, you may want to look into buying a non-electric Brompton, and adding a Grin kit. Bromptons feel remarkably close to a full size bike when you ride them. And they'd be easier to fit into any type of vehicle.
Thanks Michael, might be a possibility.

Back