Phone issue with Bosch Kiox lock feature

geekraver

Region
USA
Hi all

I have two eBikes with Bosch Kiox head units, and I have the lock feature, which as I understood it was to make it so the motor only worked with that specific head unit, and wasn’t about the phone.

A few months ago I upgraded my iPhone and sold the old one, after migrating all my data using Apple’s migration system.

I have been using one of the bikes since then with no issue. Today I took the second one out for the first time since changing phones, had a good ride, but when I went into the Bosch app afterwards to see my ride data I noticed it had not paired to that bike’s Kiox - which is now not showing in my Bluetooth settings.

No big deal, I thought; I’ll just re-pair it. But when I go to put the Kiox in pairing mode it is warning me that it will erase all data from the paired device (see attached; it's unclear on whether it is referring to the phone or the head unit here, but given I don't have the phone I assume it means the head unit). If I say OK I get the warning that the motor "won't support [sic] until initial user disables Lock feature". Once again this is very unclear and I am worried the bike will be permanently locked if I proceed. Has anyone had this problem and what happened?

(And yes, I did contact Bosch support a couple of days ago and have had no response).

I have secondary questions once I solve this problem (assuming that its solvable), which is: can I associate the head unit with more than one phone? And can I associate a bike with more than one head unit if the Lock feature is enabled? I'd like the former as insurance in case a phone is missing, and the latter as an insurance in case a head unit is lost.

Attachments

• 394BFAD4-2FF1-44F6-9463-5E0CD2367963.jpeg
    394BFAD4-2FF1-44F6-9463-5E0CD2367963.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_8D50000B72D4-1.jpeg
    IMG_8D50000B72D4-1.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I finally got a response from Bosch; they told me I can ignore the warnings, so I went ahead and re-paired and all seems to be good now, apart from the lost ride data.

Back