Phone holder for Turbo

Hi. I bought my 2015 base Turbo three months ago as an environmental replacement for my car and have been riding it almost daily for my 10 mile (round trip) work commute and loving every second! One thing I wanted was a low-profile mount for my mobile phone and after looking online at many options I decided to try making my own. I stumbled upon a simple solution that I wanted to share with you. It turns out that the belt clip that comes with Otter Box cases is pretty easy to modify and mount via zip ties onto the handlebar stem. Once mounted, I can clip and unclip my phone into it with ease! I've posted photos showing the steps at http://www.pbase.com/wilmot/specialized_turbo . Below are a couple pictures of the finished setup. It was an added bonus (to me) that I can rotate the phone in its case/clip -- I had expected my mod only to work in portrait orientation. I imagine that other brands of cases that include belt clips can be modified in a similar fashion.

image1.JPG
image7.JPG

It's held firmly for its first week -- I've rotated it from portrait to landscape multiple times. I think I have exactly the phone mount I was hoping for.

Happy riding!
Barry Langdon-Lassagne

John,
Yeah, I saw that one when I was searching, and it looks pretty good: low profile & sturdy connection to the bike, but I was worried that the case would be too bulky in my pocket. The Otter Box case is big enough that at work I sometimes just free the phone and use it without a case for the day. How well does the Quad Lock fit in your pocket? Is the bulge on the back an issue? Is it easy to take the phone out of its case?

John,
Yeah, I saw that one when I was searching, and it looks pretty good: low profile & sturdy connection to the bike, but I was worried that the case would be too bulky in my pocket. The Otter Box case is big enough that at work I sometimes just free the phone and use it without a case for the day. How well does the Quad Lock fit in your pocket? Is the bulge on the back an issue? Is it easy to take the phone out of its case?

The case itself is pretty thin so even with the little round bulge in the very center of the back it still fits in my pocket pretty good. And yes it is pretty easy to take on and off.

You are right, looks very nice! Thanks for sharing.
Currently, I am using the Taotronics bike phone mount.
As such I've had my holder for about a 2 months now and everything is holding up perfectly, the phone is stable but easily rotates if you want it to for any reason. Installation and removal of the phone takes only a few seconds, and is very secure.
A nice addition to his bike for casual riding.

Back