Phone app for Gazelle Ultimate 380+

Readytoride

Region
USA
City
Virginia
Anyone know when Gazelle plans to release their app for the 380+ to customers in any English speaking country outside the Netherlands?

Which app are you talking about? The only app you may need is Bosch eBike Connect is you upgraded your screen to Kiox or Nyon, otherwise c380+ doesn't support any apps.

Gazelle Connect. It's in the Google Play store. All the images describing and showing the app screens are shown with the English language, leading one to assume the app has an English translation. However, all the user comments are in Dutch.

I asked my bike shop to find out why I can't get past the "register your bike" page before the following pages are pulled up only in Dutch with no translation. He had never heard of the app, called the Gazelle bike rep who was astonished I'd even found the app. Rep had to call the distributor who said the app was Netherlands only at the moment. This was at least 2-3 months ago.

Was unsure if this was still the case and thought I'd ask here.

The Bosch app doesn't give me the bike internal system performance/battery info I want, nor do I have the units it requires for reporting.

I see the app but I don't understand where it suppose to connect? C380+ doesn't have anything Gazelle-specific from electronic point of view. May be you are supposed to install some module to the bike and then this app makes sense. I am sure there is nothing like this installed on the Gazelle bikes sold in US.

Last edited:
I see the app but I don't understand where it support to connect? C380+ doesn't have anything Gazelle-specific from electronic point of view. May be you are supposed to install some module to the bike and then this app makes sense. I am sure there is nothing like this installed on the Gazelle bikes sold in US.
Exactly Bosch does not have any software that goes deep maybe there is a Dutch law that requires it?

The app says that you have to have a gps connect module installed on your bike for the app to work.

The app says that you have to have a gps connect module installed on your bike for the app to work.
Thanks! This clears up the things here! This is something Gazelle installs in NL (probably optionally), but definitely not in US.

Or Canada!! To bad it looks like it could be useful for finding a stolen bike ,trip info , and some other bike stats.

I'll be visiting the bike shop next week and plan to chat with the owner about touching base with the regional Gazelle rep to see what (if any) progress has been made by the company to develop an app. From a prior conversation I was led to believe development was in the works.

Just gotta say this bike is a joy to ride on gravel roads.

@newts - Thank you. That's very kind of you.

Last edited:
Unless you upgrade your display.
What is the connection of the display to Gazelle app? I have Bosch Nyon display installed and I have Bosch app, which connects to it, but original discussion was about Gazelle own app (and own hardware installed into the bike).

Back