Performance CX line....Software and Firmware versions 2021

TimJohn

I was wondering about the updates that Bosch offers from time to time. My Mulitcharger Mixte Vario is a March 2021 build and the NYON has software, the Bosch motor has software (firmware as well) so how does one keep up to all this stuff. I know the NYON can be updated by the user but bike's motor is done by the dealership.

When I go to the Bosch eBike Connect and log in, some detailed information is available. The Performance CX line motor serial number, software version, and hardware version are displayed in my profile.

Performance Line CX software version is: 1.1.5.0
Performance Line CX hardware version is: 0.0.6.0

When I took delivery of my bike in early April, I remember my dealer saying he updated the bike. Wondering how does one keep up to all this? What does Bosch do when they update these. What features are documented?

Just simple questions...BTW I am totally please with the bike.

The motor firmware update is only available using a certified Bosch facility which should include the shop where you purchased your bike.

ALERT - there have been recent cases where the Nyon equipped bikes have had their display ruined when hooked up to the Bosch diagnostic and update dongle with the wifi left on. Be sure you turn off wifi on your Nyon before leaving with any bike shop. All the ones that have been affected have been replaced under warranty but with short supply that might entail an unacceptable wait for the replacement parts.

Also the is a Bosch specific brand forum within this forum that is very valuable to monitor for news tips and problem solving Bosch issues. The Bosch USA tech team participates actively and are very helpful there. Make it part of your regular reading and you won't miss out on updates and issues.

Thanks for the information. I do try to keep abreast of the most recent information and this forum is my most reliable source. I will continue to participate here because of this.

Thanks for the information. I do try to keep abreast of the most recent information and this forum is my most reliable source. I will continue to participate here because of this.
Are you a member of the Riese & Muller Owners group on Facebook? It is another good one with global participation, for you to monitor and/or participate in.

Wondering how does one keep up to all this? What does Bosch do when they update these. What features are documented?
A Bosch website link has been posted for checking current versions.
Batteries have firmware too.
Unfortunately no end-user changelog exists, the only info you can get is from forums and/or when you go to a dealer there is info on their screen prior to updating.
Not sure if the dealer portal screen is cumulative, eg. upgrading from 1.0 to 1.2 but there was a 1.1. Not sure if it show's all changes for 1.1 & 1.2 or just the changes for 1.2.

Back