Pedego Interceptor "Speed Controller"

Rexfreddy

Region
USA
I am looking for a replacement "speed Controller" for my 48 volt Pedego Interceptor.
It is a 2015 year and tbe original part #4818DLC-84AC1 (ZN180507-436).
The printed circuit board and contents are covered in a semi-rubberish-clear-plastic material, making it very difficult to repair.
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much...

UPDATE 12/24/21:
I was able to replace 2 "shorted" MOSFETs and the speed controller is back in service.
I am still interested in a standby replacement "working or not".
Thank you again...

Last edited:
Hi there Rex - I am a Pedego Mechanic, we have two generations of controllers, the first generation controllers are made by Ananda and have non-waterproof connections on the motor wire, they are little push pins - I'll take a look in our controller drawer and see if I can find you something. The gen6 controllers we can order no problem, its possible to upgrade to gen 6 controller, you would have to change the motor cable and buy an additional adapter. Let me know if this helps.

Hi there Rex - I am a Pedego Mechanic, we have two generations of controllers, the first generation controllers are made by Ananda and have non-waterproof connections on the motor wire, they are little push pins - I'll take a look in our controller drawer and see if I can find you something. The gen6 controllers we can order no problem, its possible to upgrade to gen 6 controller, you would have to change the motor cable and buy an additional adapter. Let me know if this helps.
Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate it.
Like I said in my follow-up, I was able to repair my unit which had 2 "shorted" MOSFETs.
At this time I am only interested in another "exact" unit such as mine, working or not.
If it comes to additional problems in the future, I will definitely upgrade to a newer unit.
Thank you again for your time.
-Rex-

Attachments

• thumbnail_66096359753__44085E8D-BDBF-46DE-AF18-C289EA281D5A.jpg
    thumbnail_66096359753__44085E8D-BDBF-46DE-AF18-C289EA281D5A.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 343
  • thumbnail_66096971018__4958F4F3-8178-4758-AD3A-315E019FA7EC.jpg
    thumbnail_66096971018__4958F4F3-8178-4758-AD3A-315E019FA7EC.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 362
  • thumbnail_IMG_5495.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5495.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 337
  • thumbnail_IMG_5545.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5545.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 372
Hey, yeah, thats the gen1 ananda controller their hard to find, I think we may have one left in the store, I'll check tomorrow.

Andrew

An
Hey, yeah, thats the gen1 ananda controller their hard to find, I think we may have one left in the store, I'll check tomorrow.
Andrew-
Thank you again for all the time you have spent with me.
I appreciate all of your help.
Take care my friend;
-Rex-

An

Andrew-
Thank you again for all the time you have spent with me.
I appreciate all of your help.
Take care my friend;
-Rex-

i have a pedego element with the warranty just past expiration. i got error code 15 and i need a new controller. where can i find or order one and just install it myself?

Attachments

• PXL_20220326_214508061.jpg
    PXL_20220326_214508061.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 269
  • PXL_20220326_214512937.jpg
    PXL_20220326_214512937.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 260
From all of my research that I have done, they are very difficult to find to next to impossible.
You would have to call numerous EV bike shops as I did to see if they have your unit or a compatible replacement in stock.
I have not been able to locate one for mine at this time.
I was able to repair mine as shown in the previous treads.
I have seen several on eBay, some on amazon, aliexpress & alibaba, but again if it's not an exact replacement, you will need to research as I did.
Pedego factory "customer service" should be able to help especially if it is just recently out of warranty.
Error Code #15 is the communication between the LCD panel to the speed controller, according to Pedego chart. Just be sure to double-check the cable to the
LCD panel. Dirty / corrosion connections might be causing a simple repair.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
-Rex-

i have a pedego element with the warranty just past expiration. i got error code 15 and i need a new controller. where can i find or order one and just install it myself?

In the past, I have ordered controllers directly from Pedego. You might try giving them a call at (800) 646-8604.

thanks for the response. i checked all the connections. i'm probably going to have to take it in to pedego. they're really cool, but i like to be able to fix and do routine maintenance myself. it doesn't matter if it's a pc, snowboard or bike. if it's something i love, i need to know the inner workings of these things. it's part of the fun i guess. seems like i bought an apple with the pedego instead of a pc. fun little bike though.

In the past, I have ordered controllers directly from Pedego. You might try giving them a call at (800) 646-8604.
thank you so much.... gotta give them a try after work. thanks again. i really hate these types of proprietary parts that there's no aftermarket replacement.

UPDATE 2/27/23:
I finally had to upgrade my "speed controller" to a generation 6.
For some reasoning Pedego will not sell parts directly to non-dealers/private party.
I took my bike to Pedego of Huntington Beach on 5th street for the upgrade.
The service performed was "beyond perfection".
Absolutely "first class".
The upgrade was worth every penny in my opinion. The speed controller, LCD panel and wiring
was all replaced including labor for all around $300.00.
I would highly recommend this company for its customer service.

good Lord... $300 to swap in a simple controller?

Thats the reason Pedego will not sell to private individuals. Preserving their markups for the dealers in their channel.

I don't understand the problem here. I've been getting Pedego parts shipped directly to me for over 5 years now without going through a dealer. Their tech support folks work with me to help diagnose problems. I was even allowed to do my own warranty recall work and they shipped me the necessary parts.

They will not let you do your own controller / display reprogramming though, you need to see a dealer for that.

I'm very happy with Pedego customer support.

FYI- The Pedego facility in Fountain Valley, CA. does not and will not sell to non-dealers/3rd party.
I have spoken to customer service on a couple occasions and yes they are forthcoming, but always eluding back to a Pedego authorized facility.
They did provide me with a list including Pedego part numbers and Pedego pricing of components needed to upgrade my 2015 Pedego Interceptor.
The upgrade for my bike including the labor, new LCD panel, new speed controller and new wiring was less than $300.00.
I was very pleased with the Huntington Beach dealer that performed my upgrade.
As you can see from my prior posts, replacing the "shorted" MOSFETS in the speed controller only lasted to a point.

Back