Martha Stewart gets Pedego Interceptors

ebikemom

http://www.themarthablog.com/2018/10/my-new-e-bike-from-pedego.html
OCTOBER 13, 2018 My New E-Bike from Pedego (by Martha Stewart)
Are you heading out for a bike ride today? Fall weekends are great for biking with friends and family. Today's bikes are a big improvement over what we rode as children. Nowadays, they are more speedy and offer a variety of different features to make two-wheel traveling easier and more comfortable.
Recently, I received two Interceptor: Platinum Edition e-bikes from Pedego, an e-bike manufacturing and retail sales company based in Irvine, California. An e-bike is a regular pedal bicycle with a battery-powered “pedal assist” - a small motor that engages and provides a little boost to help riders zip up hills or cruise over challenging terrain whenever needed. Pedego bikes can be operated manually or electrically, reaching speeds of at least 20-miles per hour. I will use one bike in East Hampton and one here at my Bedford, New York farm. I can’t wait.
Here are some photos - enjoy.
Not long ago, my delivery from Pedego arrived at the farm.
While I was busy taping our next PBS season of “Martha Bakes” at our New York City studios, Pete from my outdoor grounds crew put the bike together.
Pedego bikes arrive pre-assembled except for a handful of parts. Here it is out of the box but still on its packaged “tray”. From end to end, this bike is 75-inches long and its rear height from the ground to the top of the rack is 31-inches.
Pete removes all the inside protective cardboard and bubble wrap.
Then he reviews the Pedego tool kit box that contains the battery charger, pedals, thru axle, owner’s manual and all the tools necessary to complete the assembly.
The tool kit comes with a very handy adjustable wrench and a variety of hex key wrenches.
First, Pete prepares the front end of the bike for the handlebars.
The manual explains every step – this bike is so easy to put together. And all the screws and bolts are well-labeled and easy to secure.
Pete aligns the handlebars with the front wheel and tightens all the necessary bolts.
He adjusts the bolts so they are just tight enough to allow proper steering without making it feel rigid and sluggish. Pedego bikes have wide, swept back handlebars that allow for good posture and a relaxed ride.
On the left side of the handlebars is an LCD display with a USB charger port for a phone.
The handles are comfortable to grip and the bike has top of the line hydraulic disk brakes to make sure the rider can stop quickly and easily.
Next, Pete attaches the pedals – these foot pedals are clearly marked left and right, so there is no confusion.
The left pedal is attached by tightening it counterclockwise.
And the right pedal is secured by turning it clockwise. Both pedals are tightly attached to the crank arms to prevent any future stripping.
This Interceptor: Platinum Edition has a large front chainring and a deluxe 10-speed drivetrain that provides fluid shifting and comfortable pedaling – even at high speeds. The Kevlar-belted tires help prevent flats along the ride.
Pedego bikes are also built with a cruiser frame geometry so riders are always sitting upright. I love this lustrous and modern silver finish.
The seat has a soft saddle with a suspension seat-post for extra cushioning. The seat will be adjusted to my height later. The seat-post is secured with a very durable clamp bolt.
Multiple keys come with the Pedego e-bike and fit right into the rear battery.
A state-of-the-art 48-volt battery uses the same advanced lithium-ion cells as an electric car. It is lightweight and can go as far as 60-miles on just cents worth of electricity.
And a whisper quiet 500-watt motor does all the work. It also has built-in front and rear lights for safety and convenience.
The charger plugs in easily underneath the bicycle and into the wall, so I can charge it after every ride.
Here I am with my new Pedego Interceptor Platinum Edition e-bike – out on the carriage road in front of my home. I know I will have lots of fun riding it – with all the proper safety gear, of course. For more information on these Pedego bikes, go to the web site. And have fun bike riding! https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/

I think it's great to see a celebrity using their blog to promote ebiking, which is why I shared her post here. I have no idea if she's getting paid for posting about her ebikes on her blog, if she bought them or received them as gifts etc. By the way, I don't work for Pedego or for Martha Stewart, so I can't answer questions about these things.

Excellent bike for an elderly woman. I don't think Martha does anything for free, so she was at least given a free bike and probably a lot more than that. Carriage road ? LOL!

Although Martha didn't do it personally, her website promoted the UrbanX ebike kit last year:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

So, how much is Martha paid to pose with the bike? I see ol' Shatner pimping these bikes too. I'm sure both are avid cyclists...
Hi MisterM, Martha really did buy her Platinum! She got it at our Bar Harbor location in Maine. Bill Shatner also rides his almost every day, I've gone out riding with his family - they are all a blast!

Hi MisterM, Martha really did buy her Platinum! She got it at our Bar Harbor location in Maine. Bill Shatner also rides his almost every day, I've gone out riding with his family - they are all a blast!

Does Martha actually ride it? Buying it and having one of her groundskeepers assemble the bike sure seems a bit unusual for buying it in your shop. Doesn't seem kosher.

Good to hear Bill rides his regularly.

Does Martha actually ride it? Buying it and having one of her groundskeepers assemble the bike sure seems a bit unusual for buying it in your shop. Doesn't seem kosher.

Good to hear Bill rides his regularly.

I wonder why she didn't get one that was assembled.

Jesus guys.

How is having a celebrity like Martha Stewart promoting e-bikes in any imaginable way a problem? I couldn't possibly care less about the details. Because of her there will be fewer cars and more bikes on the road. That is what is important. Not who assembled her bike.

Jesus guys.

How is having a celebrity like Martha Stewart promoting e-bikes in any imaginable way a problem? I couldn't possibly care less about the details. Because of her there will be fewer cars and more bikes on the road. That is what is important. Not who assembled her bike.

I could care less how many cars are on the road or who put her bike together, I'm just trying to get to 100 posts.

Back