Pedego Element - front suspension versus handlebar shock absorber

jmp470

Region
USA
I bought a Pedego Element and the family loves it.

My question is: what's better adding front suspension versus handlebar absorber?

I currently have the handlebar absorber installed, and was thinking I might switch it out for the front suspension.

Any thoughts? Has anyone tried both, if so, what is your thoughts?

Attachments

• e-bike 1.jpg
    e-bike 1.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 199
I bought a Pedego Element and the family loves it.

My question is: what's better adding front suspension versus handlebar absorber?

I currently have the handlebar absorber installed, and was thinking I might switch it out for the front suspension.

Any thoughts? Has anyone tried both, if so, what is your thoughts?
I use both the Redshift Shockstop handlebar shock absorber along with the OEM front air suspension forks that came with my Pedego Platinum Interceptor.
Some say it's overkill but for me, the suspension forks absorb the shock from a rough surface while the handlebar suspension takes out the high frequency vibration. I have the Redshift Shockstop set up with the softest elastomer and it makes a big difference in wrist comfort.

The geometry is slightly different on each bike and results will vary. Personal preference and perceived comfort is also another variable.

Interesting concept. Does it take some getting used to, or change the steering dynamic?
It does change the feel of the steering somewhat, especially with the Jones H bars. I would not use it for downhill but I don't do that anymore. :(
For the semi rough trails I ride, it's not a factor and provides a welcome level of wrist comfort.

At first I was going to suggest trying a suspension seat post but I see you already have a Kinekt.
Thanks for including the pic.

I test rode an Element with the suspension fork. Although it did make a slight difference in right comfort it also raised the top bar above 2”. Since I need a step through frame I didn’t want a higher top bar so I didn’t get the suspension fork.
My Element is a great city bike, especially for busy intersections. She’s red and her name is Strawberry.

I'm just over 70 miles since last Saturday on the Element. My riding is mainly roads with my kids on the back, so I don't think I need to change the suspension at all. If I feel the need for downhill, I have a Trek Fuel I can use for that.

The Element is probably the wrong bike for how I'm riding it, as stated above, but it's so much fun to ride. Overall, I'm not going to make any changes to the bike for now.

But, I'm curious what the front suspension fork adds, with the big wheels.

Back