Pedego 2019 Line Up?

Ron from BC

I saw that Pedego unveiled their new Conveyor this summer but do they normally make any changes to other existing models year to year? It would be nice if they'd offer a larger frame size in the Ridge Rider.

I did and I received a reply yesterday afternoon. There was no mention of future changes to the Ridge Rider however he did offer that people fit bikes differently and that he was aware of a person who is 6'4" and rides a Ridge Rider comfortably. There was also a suggestion to look at the Elevate model as it comes in a larger frame. I was aware of the Elevate in particular the $1500US price difference LOL.

The Conveyor is 5 grand with a 36V 13Ah battery ? Why so small ?

When I was ebike shopping, the mechanic at the LBS told me the 36V motor / battery combo was used on the Conveyor and Elevate to eliminate some weight. At 48 and 42 pounds respectively, these bikes are among the lightest Pedego sells.

I'm not sure I buy this explanation. I don't see the 36V system being all that much lighter than the 48V. I'm no expert though.

What are the weights of the respective batteries? My battery weighs 9 pounds, which is pretty hefty. I wonder also--are mid-drive motors lighter weight than hub motors?

What are the weights of the respective batteries? My battery weighs 9 pounds, which is pretty hefty. I wonder also--are mid-drive motors lighter weight than hub motors?

According to Pedego specs, the 36V Conveyor battery also weighs 9 lbs. The same as your 48V Interceptor. No weight savings there. I don't know about the motor though.

Pedego doesn’t really do model years. Changes might be made at any time. They often announce new products or color options at the December dealer meeting, and sometimes those things are available just after, but often, they just come when they come.

I love the retro design of my interceptor--what is there to change? I guess the only thing I would suggest would be to get the wires that run on the outside of the downtube INTO the tube as done on the City Commuter--makes it easier to grip that area when using our rack (thule easyfold).

Any reviews out there for the Conveyor? I did a short test ride and was impressed with the ride considering no suspension in fact - it felt really connected to the road and that the saddle was not the usual Pedago comfort saddle. Good power on the hills. The mid drive with Gates belt vs a chain was very smooth and so quiet! Smooth onset of power too. The controller display seemed a bit small but that could be the very short time I had to play with it. Only issue I had on my ride was the shifting took too long, (internal hub) which could be related to the programming as the dealer was waiting for a software update from Pedago. By way of further explanation, the mid drive is “disconnected “ during shifting to protect the hub gears. Not a big issue on the flat, but when hitting a hill and needing to downshift, the delay is irritating. I did like the riding position and the handlebars are really nicely positioned (my opinion). One other negative - no racks for panniers etc. It’s supposed to have Bluetooth integration- but I didn’t get a chance to investigate. Would like to hear what others have experienced as its high on my “intent to buy” list.

When I was Pedego shopping last April, The dealer had all current models in stock except the Conveyor. he had literature though and was excited about the bike but didn't know when he would get them in. I was in a hurry to get a bike and not willing to wait so I chose the Platinum Interceptor. I might well have bought the Conveyor if they were available at the time.

It looks like an awesome bike! No doubt you would be happy with it if you decide to buy.

I would suggest doing more test rides on it and other bikes. You don't want a bike that is irritating, so what should be interesting to see is if the bothersome aspects were things to learn about and adjust to, or things that are a problem for you. With any new equipment I think there is an adjustment period, so test-riding enough to get through that to figure out if something is a problem or not is important, I think. AND, that is a very individual process--what one person finds to be an issue of adapting, another person may continue to find to be a problem. Personal preference is a HUGE part of buying an ebike. What matters is what works for YOU.

Only issue I had on my ride was the shifting took too long, (internal hub) which could be related to the programming as the dealer was waiting for a software update from Pedago. By way of further explanation, the mid drive is “disconnected “ during shifting to protect the hub gears. Not a big issue on the flat, but when hitting a hill and needing to downshift, the delay is irritating. I did like the riding position and the handlebars are really nicely positioned (my opinion). One other negative - no racks for panniers etc. It’s supposed to have Bluetooth integration- but I didn’t get a chance to investigate. Would like to hear what others have experienced as its high on my “intent to buy” list.
My wife and I have a Pedego store, and the Conveyor is her ride of choice. She said she didn’t notice a lag in shifting, and the power interrupt while shifting didn’t bother her. She did say that while under strain, she eases up on pedaling when she shifts. I suppose anticipation might be key here. The shifting itself is mechanical, so a software upgrade wouldn’t affect it, although one might affect the interrupt, I suppose.

She put a smallish rack on the back with a trunk bag for essentials, but a larger rack and panniers shouldn’t be a problem.

I heard there’s an app for the Conveyor, but I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet. Besides Bluetooth, there’s also built-in GPS, but I don’t know whether the app has access to it.

My wife loves her Conveyor! She added a BodyFloat (Kinekt) seatpost and Serfas RX Cruiser saddle for more comfort on long rides. She’ll occasionally take a Stretch when she needs to carry cargo or if she feels like having a throttle, and she has a Trail Tracker at home for when she feels like rolling on fat tires, but if she had to pick one bike, I bet it’d be the Conveyor.

Any reviews out there for the Conveyor? I did a short test ride and was impressed with the ride considering no suspension in fact - it felt really connected to the road and that the saddle was not the usual Pedago comfort saddle. Good power on the hills. The mid drive with Gates belt vs a chain was very smooth and so quiet! Smooth onset of power too. The controller display seemed a bit small but that could be the very short time I had to play with it. Only issue I had on my ride was the shifting took too long, (internal hub) which could be related to the programming as the dealer was waiting for a software update from Pedago. By way of further explanation, the mid drive is “disconnected “ during shifting to protect the hub gears. Not a big issue on the flat, but when hitting a hill and needing to downshift, the delay is irritating. I did like the riding position and the handlebars are really nicely positioned (my opinion). One other negative - no racks for panniers etc. It’s supposed to have Bluetooth integration- but I didn’t get a chance to investigate. Would like to hear what others have experienced as its high on my “intent to buy” list.

Just got my Conveyor today. That's a great bike. I'll definitely post a detailed review shortly, but so far a few observations:

- No standard Pedego-produced rear rack. It's a bit strange for a commuter bike, especially from Pedego, which is a major producer of a rack-mounted batteries :) There are some third-party options offered by a Pedego store (Todd from Pedego Alexandria is a real pro and has offered me a workaround for a rack), but those are still far from the Conveyor overall perfection.
- Got no issues or delays with uphill shifting with a pedal assist on. Could it be just a specific bike issue?
- This bike is awesomely lightweight. I'm able to lift it with just one hand, which is after my RadRover is totally unbelievable.
- had to replace the seat with a wider and cushy one, as the one provided is a way too small for a larger butt :)
- Brose S drive is very quite and smooth. I was very concerned about 250W power being unable to push me uphill, especially compared to a 750W RadRover. In reality it's not that bad - although not being very zippy and the lack of throttle (this is a Class 1 ebike), I managed to go up a very steep hill without much effort pedaling in low gears.
- The belt is very quite, the bike looks slim and well designed. Removing the rear tire for a flat repair might be a task, but isn't a rocket science.
- The bike has a built-in GPS and Bluetooth to pair with an app (ios or android) to provide some anti-theft and tracking features. You may even lock the bike remotely with your smartphone.

Will post an update soon as getting more familiar with this bike. If you have any questions - feel free to ask!

what display comes on the Conveyor, the new Brose colour display, I forget the model, If so it's really nice. I was test riding some Bulls bikes the other day with the Brose S and the new display and it's a great combo.

Last edited:
what display comes on the Conveyor, the new Brose colour display, I forget the model, If so it's really nice. I was test riding some Bulls bikes the other day with the Brose S and the new display and it's a great combo.

It's not a color one, unfortunately. Very simple, but quite informative. It has an ambient light sensor which switches on front and tail lights automatically.

Attachments

• zcu_78749649__mg_4641_2000.jpg
    zcu_78749649__mg_4641_2000.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 662
Back